What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Is the salesman scamming me?  (Read 9464 times)

Ranger25

Re: Is the salesman scamming me?
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2008, 03:32:53 pm »
Hot Springs lack a lot to be desired also.  Don't buy for part replacement because hot springs dosen't help much either, just be happy with the dealer.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2008, 03:32:53 pm »

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2008, 04:12:11 pm »
To put this to an end, Jacuzzi and Sundance are not going anywhere!  You will be able to get parts via service from your dealer, the spa's being built are fine.  From what I understand after just talking to Jacuzzi literally minuets ago, the only thing being manufactured in Mexico is the shell, the rest of the spa is then built at the  Jacuzzi/Sundance factory.  They factory in Mexico is ISO9000 from what they told me.

The only thing you should worry about is your dealer which sounds like they have been around awhile.

Either way if you want the Sundance dont let some BS Hotspring salesman or any other dealer tell you any different!!   The Majesta is a nice spa!  

I'm off today, so see you guys Tuesday.    Say thanks to a Veteran!!                  Your Welcome!!  ;)

And THANKS to any of you that might be!!

I also understood that the shells were manufactured in Mexico.

From what I understand, Watkin's Caldera spas are built in Mexico.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2008, 04:12:59 pm by tony »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2008, 04:18:27 pm »
To put this to an end...

Somehow I don't think this will end that easily.

Most of these type threads go a few pages before they die down after people take swipes from a few directions (economy driven?). Eventually people will get bored by it or Bill will move it. This is when I just start ignoring it as best I can because there will be little new added.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

michiganwinter

« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2008, 05:04:42 pm »
Didn't mean to have this turn negative! Just wanted to hear what you guys had to say because I was upset, but then thought he might have some points. You all are obviously afficiandos whereas I am a total neophyte.

That said, it sounds like if you like the dealer, go with that dealer? I do like the Sundance dealer and feel confident that they are not fly by night and will be around for awhile (unless this economy does them in - which I hope not given in particular that this small family run business has been around over 30 years).

Thanks

Chubby Johnson

« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2008, 06:09:35 pm »
It doesn't make much sense that any dealer would lie about anything nowadays. With all the information that the internet has to offer, anybody can check up on anything and verify whether or not a dealer has lied to a potential customer.

Timid people may give in and endure the high pressure pitch but even they can go home and do enough research to sort out truth from lies.

Have fun with your Sundance, if you are still going that route.

solo

« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2008, 06:38:58 pm »
First and foremost, remember that many of the people in this forum are spa dealers or spa sales people.  So you may get some very biased answers from people that moight not necessarily have your best interest in mind.

What to do?

Buy the tub you like.  Don't worry about the filtration system.  Don't worry about bells and whistles.  Don't worry about where the tub is made.  Go wet test a bunch of tubs and buy the one you like.  

Vanguard

« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2008, 09:37:38 pm »
Hot Springs lack a lot to be desired also.  Don't buy for part replacement because hot springs dosen't help much either, just be happy with the dealer.

Well, isn't that a drive by shooting??

I've never, ever had an issue that either my dealer or Watkins hasn't been able to resolve.  Sometimes things can happen to good spas.  To just throw that out there on this thread is silly.

To Michigan:  It is unfortunate that your salesman said this.  I know some of the management at Lifestyles and this isn't how they want business done.  They are a good company with good ethics.  Every now and then you get a bad apple.  Sounds like this salesman was beyond bad and on to rotten.  I'd go to the manager of your location and let him know your feelings.  See if he can help you.

You will not go wrong with Sundance/Jacuzzi or Hot Spring.  They are all brands and good companies.  I would have to believe that Sundance/Jacuzzi is going nowhere.  While all brands are down a bit this year from last, the strongest companies will stay around and ride this storm out.

Good Luck in your search.
The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas and my Vanguard!!!

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2008, 01:45:17 am »

Wow do I disagree!  ;D ;D

8-)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

michiganwinter

« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2008, 09:25:28 am »
Well I went ahead with the Majesta. Talked with a few people who own them and bought them from the dealer. Everyone I talked with loves the tub and is thrilled with the service from the dealership. One had been a customer for 20-years and on their second tub with them.

I can hardly wait!!!!

Micah

« Reply #24 on: November 12, 2008, 02:11:53 pm »
Congratz on the tub.  I was in mine this morning with my coffee.  You wont regret this purchase. :)
Jacuzzi, Hot Springs and Caldera dealer in Los Angeles

Vanguard

« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2009, 11:55:00 pm »
Congratz on the tub.  I was in mine this morning with my coffee.  You wont regret this purchase. :)

Famous last words. ;)

The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas and my Vanguard!!!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2009, 11:55:00 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42