What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: "The Fed" lowers interest rates...  (Read 3538 times)

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
"The Fed" lowers interest rates...
« on: November 26, 2008, 09:40:57 am »
Anyone excited to hear about the interest rates so you can go ahead with plans to buy a tub?

8-)

Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Hot Tub Forum

"The Fed" lowers interest rates...
« on: November 26, 2008, 09:40:57 am »

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
Re: "The Fed" lowers interest rates...
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2008, 09:58:36 am »
I'll take a truckload. ;)
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2008, 11:47:56 am »
Had an air diverter repaired yesterday and was very sad to find out that my dealer had to lay off one of his employees.  :( Hopefully, with the lower interest rates, people may decide that now is a great time to buy and the industry will pick up.  I keep saying spa sales should be more directed to the Baby Boomers who are getting arthritis and other ailments. People can put off luxuries, but when you are talking about your health, it's a different story. Of course that would mean all those bling tubs might not move.   :-/
Support your dealer so they can support you!

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2008, 12:43:17 pm »
was very sad to find out that my dealer had to lay off one of his employees.   :-/

I am down to the two of us in the store - that would be 'Mom' and 'Pop,' one part timer for delivery help, and our technician who is an independent contractor.

And I am not in the store that much these days- looking out for out other interests which ARE creating cash flow and/or building equity for the future.

8-)

Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Chris_H

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2008, 01:27:30 pm »
You have to look into areas that you don’t offer, but can easily offer.  

Three examples:

Offer Pool Chemicals and Accessories:  Many spa only dealers don’t offer pool chemicals and accessories.  The margins are decent and most of your spa customers probably have pools so you have a built in base to buy the product.  Let’s not forget that the place that the dealers buy their chemicals from probably also sells pool chemicals.  You already have a built in relationship.  If a customer was coming to you for spa chemicals and going to another dealer for pool chemicals save them the trip.

Test Water:  If you are going to offer pool chemicals and accessories it is imperative that you test water electronically.  Don’t use a test strip.  Don’t be hesitant to sell calcium and alkalinity.

Trade-In old spas:  Many dealers don’t offer a trade-in program.  The margins on them are greater than a new spa and that is after putting on a new cover.  

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2008, 02:12:09 pm »
Chris is so right.  My sister had just put in a new pool when I got my tub. Since we went to my dealer with me several times, she asked if he had pool chemicals because she would definately buy from him (and I would too). So from that one spa sale he would have also made 2 pool chemical customers.

I try to buy all of my chemicals from my dealer (although he is quite a distance from me). But sometimes if I am at the pool store and I need something for the spa, I will just pick it up...So it is definatly a good idea to carry both pool and spa supplies.
Support your dealer so they can support you!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2008, 02:12:09 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42