What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Sundance Metro on 120v or 240V?  (Read 3570 times)

Apexeon

• Sundance Metro
Sundance Metro on 120v or 240V?
« on: November 17, 2008, 10:26:27 am »
Greetings to all.  I just purchased my first hot tub, a  2007 Sundance Metro that my local dealer had on his showroom floor.  

Before the bashing about a small tub, I wanted something that would fit on my covered back porch. Also the tub will mainly be used by my wife and I as I seek an alternative to drugs for migraine headaches.  I also considered the HS Jetsetter and Jacuzzi J-315 but in the end this tub was the best buy for the money.  

My dealer suggests running the unit on 120v rather than 240v.  He swears that he has sold several and everyone is satisfied with the results on 120v also that I would save money on my electric bill.  If I run it on 120v the jet pump and heater can not operate at the same time. I'm in North Florida and it does get into the 30's at night during the winter.  I'm concerned with the heat-up time and also the amount of heat lost while the jet pumps are running.  

I would welcome any thoughts you more enlightened experts may have.
When a service tech goes on site, he has two repairs:  He has to fix the equipment and fix the customer.  And fixing the customer is more important.

Hot Tub Forum

Sundance Metro on 120v or 240V?
« on: November 17, 2008, 10:26:27 am »

mjb

Re: Sundance Metro on 120v or 240V?
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2008, 11:15:01 am »
Many people here in N. Arizona have purchased
the smaller Sundance Spas for the same reasons
you have mentioned.
It's been about 50/50 on 110v vs. 220v.
If you have reasonsible ability to get 220v installation
your overall long term operating costs will be lower
and you may be able to enjoy longer soaks at
your desired temperature.

Hot Tub Forum

Re: Sundance Metro on 120v or 240V?
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2008, 11:15:01 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42