What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: My Hot Tub purchase probably saved the world!  (Read 4847 times)

barleyz

My Hot Tub purchase probably saved the world!
« on: October 14, 2008, 03:14:21 pm »
Last Friday when the Stock Market was crashing aroung the world I decided it was time to purchase a hot tub I have been looking at for about a year.  I called my dealer and ordered a Jacuzzi 365, sound system, stainless jet surrounds., dark brown cabinet and sand interior.  The world must have found out about my purchase and my faith in the econmy as on Monday the Stock Market soared over 900 points!  Maybe if more people bought hot tubs things wouldn,t be so bad out there!
     Kidding aside I need to hear from folks about the ozonator option that I have been reading about on this forum.  Is it worth the money and what exactly does it do?  Being new to the hot tub world any and all help is appreciated.

Hot Tub Forum

My Hot Tub purchase probably saved the world!
« on: October 14, 2008, 03:14:21 pm »

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
Re: My Hot Tub purchase probably saved the world!
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2008, 03:28:01 pm »
 Well congrats on your purchase and yes the ozonataor is a great  option!!  How much they want for it?    

gwstudios

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2008, 05:37:29 pm »
Last Friday when the Stock Market was crashing aroung the world I decided it was time to purchase a hot tub I have been looking at for about a year.  I called my dealer and ordered a Jacuzzi 365, sound system, stainless jet surrounds., dark brown cabinet and sand interior.  The world must have found out about my purchase and my faith in the econmy as on Monday the Stock Market soared over 900 points!  Maybe if more people bought hot tubs things wouldn,t be so bad out there!
     Kidding aside I need to hear from folks about the ozonator option that I have been reading about on this forum.  Is it worth the money and what exactly does it do?  Being new to the hot tub world any and all help is appreciated.

I hope you beat the salesman like a rented mule to get a good price on that spa. They are giving them away around here at 10% over cost at certain stores.

Renee

• '07 Jacuzzi J-365 in Nebraska
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2008, 05:42:20 pm »
Way to keep the economy moving, Barleyz!  I have an ozonator on my J-365, and wouldn't go without it.  The dealer actually tried to talk me out of it.  He wanted to put me on an expensive chemical regimen...can't remember the name of it.  Anyway, so glad I stuck to my guns and got the ozonator.  I use dichlor & N2 stick in conjunction with the ozonator and have great luck keeping my water clear.  Opinions out there do vary, but I think you'll find most people on this board feel they're worth the extra money...

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2008, 07:06:07 pm »

I hope you beat the salesman like a rented mule to get a good price on that spa. They are giving them away around here at 10% over cost at certain stores.

They told you the price was 10% over cost? How can you verify that wasn't just a sales line?

[glow]Congrats Barleyz![/glow]
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2008, 07:42:27 pm »

I would buy one if that was the case!

Zep

• Cal Spas SQ92 Dallas-Texas
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2008, 09:02:38 pm »
"I hope you beat the salesman like a rented mule....They are giving
them away around here at 10% over cost at certain stores"

How can they stay in business for very long doing that?

gwstudios

« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2008, 09:53:31 pm »
The pic above says it all. Two places close by have not put up the "Going out of business" sign just yet but they have hit the panic button with all the expensive spas in thier warehouse. They are selling all of the in-stock spas and floor models at slightly over cost.

Pool tables, slot machines, home theater seats, expensive outdoor sets, grills are all going at close to cost as well. You can tell the end is near when they don't have any Halloween or Christmas items on the floor.

That's OK though, I get better service directly from Dynasty than I ever got from the store that sold it me. I get parts in two days and I get to speak with a human with just one prompt on the phone.

ndabunka

• 2003 Jacuzzi J370 Platinum/Coastal Grey Synthetic
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2008, 01:39:17 am »
FYI - That sign above ^^ is not a "Going out OF business" sign.  It's a Going out FOR business sign.  Yep, it seems that the less educated among us (or just us educated ones reading it too fast) don't realize that going out FOR business is actually just a sign telling you that they want to sell you something.  It doesn't mean the business has any intention of closing anytime soon...
...The gene pool could use a little chlorine....

Quickly approaching a mid-life crisis one day at a time.

Zep

« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2008, 07:40:27 am »
thats the question, even fer da less edge-ya-mah-kated  ::)

are these stores that are selling at 10% over cost really in trouble or
are they actually using the economic down-turn as a starting point to try to run their
competition plum out of business?

in my industry we are actually picking up some market share because some smaller
players are in deep, deep trouble

herb kelleher always stated that during bad economic times is when strong sound companies have a unique opportunity to put the squeeze on the competition that is not as well positioned

so the "sign" and/or "10% over cost" sales could be a "sign of trouble" or could be "a sign of a battering ram"!

« Last Edit: October 15, 2008, 01:08:36 pm by Zep »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2008, 10:52:07 am »
thats the question, even fer da less edge-ya-mah-kated  ::)

are these stores that are selling at 10% over cost really in trouble or
are they actually using the economic down-turn as a starting point to try to run their
competition plum out of business?

The truly educated know that the "10% over cost" claim is often very questionable. Unless you see an invoice I'd assume it to simply be a good sale price.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2008, 10:52:29 am by Spatech_tuo »

gwstudios

« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2008, 11:22:11 pm »
FYI - That sign above ^^ is not a "Going out OF business" sign.  It's a Going out FOR business sign.  Yep, it seems that the less educated among us (or just us educated ones reading it too fast) don't realize that going out FOR business is actually just a sign telling you that they want to sell you something.  It doesn't mean the business has any intention of closing anytime soon...

I'm pretty sure that's a typo from the sign company as it makes no sense. Anyone who glanced at it quickly would see it as a "going out of business" sign just as I did.

« Last Edit: October 16, 2008, 11:22:36 pm by gwstudios »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2008, 12:20:49 am »

I'm pretty sure that's a typo from the sign company as it makes no sense. Anyone who glanced at it quickly would see it as a "going out of business" sign just as I did.

Give us an example of one of these 10% over invoice spas, brand and model.

Zep

« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2008, 10:33:57 am »
every little bit helps

[size=18]ignore me, I'm a spammer.com Initiates Hurricane Disaster Relief Efforts:
Hurricane Ike & The Gulf Coast Fund[/size]

Sept 23, 2008

ignore me, I'm a spammer.com announces hurricane disaster relief charity effort in order to support the immediate needs of Hurricane Ike victims & local Texas communities. ignore me, I'm a spammer will donate funds from hot tub sales for the entire month of October to provide direct emergency assistance to people in the Gulf Coast area.

San Francisco, CA - September 23, 2008 -- ignore me, I'm a spammer.com announced today that it will donate a portion of hot tub spa sales to go directly to the victims of recent Hurricane Ike. Working directly with the Gulf Coast Fund, ChooseDirect ensures that its generous donations will be spent on food, shelter, clothing & other hurricane disaster relief efforts for local families that currently remain without power, access to clean water or basic supplies.

ignore me, I'm a spammer.com Hurricane Relief

We have many customers that purchase our hot tubs and portable spas in the Gulf Coast Texas area and my words cannot express the sorrow & sympathy we at ignore me, I'm a spammer.com feel for all of the Gulf Coast Texas area families who have lost their loved ones, homes, and priceless possessions due to this uncontrollable natural disaster. Our thoughts and prayers are with the victims  

"We have many customers that purchase our hot tubs and portable spas in the Gulf Coast Texas area and my words cannot express the sorrow & sympathy we at ignore me, I'm a spammer.com feel for all of the Gulf Coast Texas area families who have lost their loved ones, homes, and priceless possessions due to this uncontrollable natural disaster. Our thoughts and prayers are with the victims" said Steve Barbarich, CEO of ChooseDirect.com & ignore me, I'm a spammer.com. "I feel a great relief knowing that our donations from Island Escape Spas hot tub sales will help bring the much needed disaster relief assistance to these victims of Hurricane Ike."

For the entire month of October, ignore me, I'm a spammer.com will give $15 from every Paradise Hot Tub Spa sale to help with Hurricane Ike disaster relief efforts & is pleased to be working directly with the Gulf Coast Emergency Response Fund in order to accomplish this charity project. The Gulf Coast Fund provides direct emergency assistance to people in the Gulf Coast area & with sponsorship from The Rockefeller Philanthropy Advisors, over 93% of this money ends up in the hands of the community. You can donate to the Gulf Coast Fund online at http://rockpa.org/special_programs/gulf-coast-fund/ or send donations by check to Rockefeller Philanthropy Advisors, ATTN: The Gulf Coast Fund, 6 W 48th Street, 10th Floor New York, NY 10036.    

About ignore me, I'm a spammer.com:

The ChooseDirect factory direct model allows this new & unique company to bring the world high quality products at factory direct pricing. Since this e-commerce online retailer is involved with the product all the way down to the factory level, they cut out many middlemen from the process and are able to offer better prices than the competitors. ignore me, I'm a spammer.com prides itself in having a large selection of hot tubs, portable spa & swim spas products, and with advanced factory coordination, they provide customers with a highly customized premium quality product. For more information about ChooseDirect, ignore me, I'm a spammer.com & for hurricane disaster relief effort updates, please visit the ignore me, I'm a spammer.com Hurricane Disaster Relief Charity Page

About The Gulf Coast Fund:

Created shortly after Hurricanes Katrina and Rita in 2005, the Gulf Coast Fund for Community Renewal and Ecological Health has distributed more than $2 million to over 100 grassroots organizations in Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama and Texas. Unique among the region's recovery grantmakers, GCF is committed to an open and transparent decision-making process led by the most affected communities themselves. The Gulf Coast Fund is a partner of the Rockefeller Philanthropy Advisors. For information about the Gulf Coast Fund Emergency Response Fund application process and application form, please go to the Gulf Coast Fund.

Gulf Coast Fund Testimonials:

On behalf of all of us who have experienced the wrath of nature from Hurricanes Katrina and Gustav, please allow me to say thank you for opening your hearts to help. After Hurricane Katrina took aim on our community, our lives were changed forever. The process of cleaning up and rebuilding has been long and hard.....projections are that we will be in the recovery phase for up to 10 years. However, had it not been for the generosity of so many people and organizations, we would have never made it this far. To that end, I can only say that you have made a difference to so very many people who have never even met you....but we thank you!

-A Gulf Coast Native
« Last Edit: October 18, 2008, 10:34:24 am by Zep »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2008, 10:33:57 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42