What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Icycene...which manufacturers use it?  (Read 2738 times)

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
Icycene...which manufacturers use it?
« on: October 16, 2008, 11:49:42 am »
Chubby, you mentioned that Marquis uses Icycene foam insulation. I was wondering how long they have been using it? It is more expensive than other expanding foams...So I am also wondering what the advantages are for use in a hot tub. I had a rep at my house to look at insulating my attic, just curious as to why it would be considered superior for use in a tub. :-?
Support your dealer so they can support you!

Hot Tub Forum

Icycene...which manufacturers use it?
« on: October 16, 2008, 11:49:42 am »

Paul Wybo

Re: Icycene...which manufacturers use it?
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2008, 02:57:40 pm »
Icynene is a brand name for an urethane insulating foam. It was developed for the housing market specifically for attics with tight insulation spaces because of it's superior insulating qualities and resistance to mold and water entrapment. You can find more information about it on thier webpage http://www.icynene.com/.

Icynene only liscences its brand name to a few hot tub manufacturers and that is why you do not see it advertised too much. There are several manufacturers that use the same insulation without the brand name due to it's superior qualities for use in hot tubs. The formulation is perfect for the spa environment and it's high value per inch of foam allows manufacturers to achieve great insulation results in smaller spas.

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2008, 04:27:36 pm »
Thanks Paul...but I am still hoping Chubby will tell me if Marquis has been using it for years or if they have just started using it.
Support your dealer so they can support you!

Chubby Johnson

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2008, 05:21:40 pm »
To my knowledge Marquis has been using it for years.   I think there is a Canadian company that builds a brand called Pacific Spas using Icynene.

MarKee

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2008, 09:09:13 pm »
Yes, Marquis has been using it for a long time.

Pathfinder

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2008, 12:12:08 am »
I believe Beachcomber was 1st  Pacific 2nd  Marquis 3rd & so on & so forth. I think its a great product for insulation & from a service stand point.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2008, 12:12:08 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42