What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Jet/Heater/Filtering BROKEN!!!  (Read 2031 times)

miktra23

Jet/Heater/Filtering BROKEN!!!
« on: October 12, 2008, 06:43:28 pm »
Hi all,
I'm a new hot tub owner. Had mine a little over a month. last couple of weeks, we've felt like we've had it under control and it was doing fine. haven't been in at all this week because we've been so busy. We have been checking it everyday and adding chlorine when it needed it.  The only thing that's happened is about 2 weeks ago , the foot massager jet came off. It had been doing that and we'd put in back on. Well, the plastic clip thing that held it in broke, so we left it off and the jet still worked. We planned going into the hot tub store where it was purchased and get a new one but hadn't go around to it. anyyway, that foot massager jet is also connected to jet 3 and the filtering system.  I went out to check water today and noticed the temp was only 82!  I was like, WHAT the? Turned on the jets and only pump 1 and 2 would cut on. Now, the water level was  a little low but it was well above the filter baskets. We got the book out that came with the hot tub (Clearwater brand "beachcraft"by the way) and the book does not have that much info in it about our specific tub. Other than, water level being a little low and or breaker possibly being thrown, we couldn't figure out what could be the problem. We went thru shutting down the tub, restarting and trying to prime after we took filters out and cleaned them and added water to tub. We also found 2-3 leaves in skimmer basket. Have no idea how that happened, the tub has been covered!  Of course where the filtering cycle isn't working, the water is murky. My husband has tried to figure out the problem all day. It's sunday so there's no one to call. Here's the kicker! We bought this hot tub used. It's only a year old. So, we thought we had warranty left on it. Just Happened to read the back of the book, and we don't! Only the original owner does. Now what! I'm so bummed right now. We are hoping someone can help. I'm afraid we've made a mistake in buying this tub. Please! If ANYONE has any ideas or have had a similar problem, please let me know. Thanks!
« Last Edit: October 12, 2008, 06:45:38 pm by miktra23 »

Hot Tub Forum

Jet/Heater/Filtering BROKEN!!!
« on: October 12, 2008, 06:43:28 pm »

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
Re: Jet/Heater/Filtering BROKEN!!!
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2008, 12:25:43 pm »
 Cant help to much with the spa end, but if you bought it from a dealer they may have put a 1 year or so warranty on it themselves??  Good luck!

miktra23

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2008, 01:46:23 pm »
not good news so far. Called Clearwater. They will not transfer the warranty. Even though, the warranty says that it can be transfered  if authorized by clearwater. Go figure. But they said they had a tech we can talk to and they call walk us through repairing it while on the phone. One tech said that it sounded like the circuit board or the pump.  I'm hoping it's just a fuse. Wish me luck.

Hillbilly Hot Tub

• Be open minded, learn something every day!
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2008, 03:54:16 pm »
If you can, talk to Chad (head of tech) at Clearwater. He is great and can talk people easily over the phone.

Depending on what level Beachcraft spa you have, it may have a circ pump which does the heating/filtering.

The foot blaster jet is a common issue. Waterway had some bad jets and the new ones are different. Jet 3 should not be the pump that does the filtering though so this is puzzleing me. Leaves getting in is also a mystery unless last time you used the tub they got in without you seeing them, or when you opened the cover.

We have had no issues with pumps or boards with any of our Clearwater tubs. We have had a few that came in and had to have the system reprogrammed because something went askew in transport I guess. We had one tub that kept blowing fuses because the jumper got hooked in the wrong place.

As Jacuzzi Jim asked, did the dealer offer you a warrenty. I know we do when we sell a used tub. maybe they will help if you need a part.
Clearwater Spa Dealer, Great Lakes Spa Dealer, Helo and Almost Heaven Saunas. Authorized service center for several spa lines, CPO. APSP member. Good old fashioned New England service!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2008, 03:54:16 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42