What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Ike Hits Ohio  (Read 7525 times)

Shaamus

• America's SPA-MART
Re: Ike Hits Ohio
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2008, 11:26:14 am »
Our plant is next to the police station so our power there was only out a couple of hours, but I just got power back last night after 3-1/2 days.  I just feel lucky that it's back as there are still a lot of people down here without power.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2008, 11:26:14 am »

wewannahottub

• Time for your Sponge Bath!
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2008, 02:56:12 pm »
Hey all, hope all is well with all of you in the Ike-path.

Here in West Newton, Pa, things were windy, but (unfortunately) not windy enough to knock the neighbor's tree overhanging our pool! ::) ::)  Parts North of Pittsburgh are still without electricity.  

Funny thing is, I was worried about my son in Dallas (there for a meteorology internship with Southwest Airlines til Dec.) and he said we actually got hit worse than them!  

Hope all is well with all of you!
The grass is greener on the other side because the bulls**t is better...

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2008, 04:25:42 pm »
Hey all, hope all is well with all of you in the Ike-path.

Here in West Newton, Pa, things were windy, but (unfortunately) not windy enough to knock the neighbor's tree overhanging our pool! ::) ::)  Parts North of Pittsburgh are still without electricity.  

Funny thing is, I was worried about my son in Dallas (there for a meteorology internship with Southwest Airlines til Dec.) and he said we actually got hit worse than them!  

Hope all is well with all of you!

Sounds like a great opportunity. HE couldn't get with Usless Air and stay in PA?
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2008, 02:41:59 pm »
I just learned LT Dan lost his deck and hot tub in the storm.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

wewannahottub

« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2008, 09:48:30 am »

Sounds like a great opportunity. HE couldn't get with Usless Air and stay in PA?

I am not sure he even tried!!  He is liking the traveling part, probably why he chose SW Airlines.

LtDan

• Jacuzzi J345
« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2008, 11:27:57 am »
I just learned LT Dan lost his deck and hot tub in the storm.

Bad news, deck and hot tube wiped out by huge Ash tree. Good news, insurance and new hot tub!

Actually moved (short distance) and hadn't moved the hot tub yet. I'll have a new one delivered to the new house, have to pour a pad though. I really liked my Jaccuzi J345, they have made some nice improvements on it. I believe I may go with the same model and dealer.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2008, 12:30:42 pm »

Bad news, deck and hot tube wiped out by huge Ash tree. Good news, insurance and new hot tub!

Actually moved (short distance) and hadn't moved the hot tub yet. I'll have a new one delivered to the new house, have to pour a pad though. I really liked my Jaccuzi J345, they have made some nice improvements on it. I believe I may go with the same model and dealer.

I'm not up to speed on the Jacuzzi line, but the last time I was in there, I saw they still had a 50th anniversary model, can't remember if it was a 345 or 365 on the floor. If a tree had taken mine out I'd be considering.   Today the light at Cleveland Ave just south of I-270 was working. That was the last reminder of the storm around the north end.

wewannahottub

« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2008, 10:40:09 am »

Lt Dan, Thankfully no bodily injury.

Yep, I was hoping for the large Ash tree behind our house to fall onto our pool/deck (my bad  8-)) and to be able to get a new one!  Ash is good burning wood, best green wood to burn, if needed!

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2008, 12:08:24 pm »
I wonder how they are disposing of all these Ash trees. Central Ohio is under a quarantine not allowing Ash trees or wood to be transported out of the area.

LtDan

• Jacuzzi J345
« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2008, 10:20:38 pm »
I'll be disposing of the one that took out my deck and tub piece by piece in a fire pit. Hopefully with a brand new hot tub in the background  :)

And maybe a beer....

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2008, 10:20:38 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42