What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Radio Reception  (Read 4210 times)

cameron07

Radio Reception
« on: July 29, 2008, 02:37:33 pm »
We have the Jacuzzi J-470 2006 model with the Poly-Planar MRD60 stereo and the reception was HORRIBLE.
I opened the cabint and found a home style antenna just bundled up inside. I tried different locations with varying results, but none I was satisfied with. So I added an antenna extension cable and ran the antenna outside the cabinet which produced acceptable results. Not great, but several times better than before. When time permits I will experiment with some car style antennas.
Good Luck
ps you can find the extension cable on ebay or at radio shack.

Hot Tub Forum

Radio Reception
« on: July 29, 2008, 02:37:33 pm »

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
Re: Radio Reception
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2008, 06:38:33 pm »
My suggestions would be:

Tie it into a home antenna, play cds or record MP3's on a CD, use an MP3 player to hook up to the stereo or hook up a xm or sirrus radio.

If you're looking for music - radio is not the way to go. If you're looking to listen to sports - xm has some and so does sirrus. A 1 gig MP3 player (not an IPOD) can provide hours of music especially in WMA format. IPODs are gennerally slicker but don't sell for as cheap as a Sandisk or whatever and don't play WMA files.

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2008, 06:48:59 pm »
There was a fix for this cant remember what it was, will do some checking for you see what I can find.  

Ramsey_Steve

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2008, 07:25:34 am »
Took me two go's to find the answer.. In the end I bought a "Shakespeare 4353 Am/Fm Antenna On Glass Mount" marine antenna, designed to adhere across the top of a speedboat's windshield.

It's about 3/4" wide and 2-3' long, and other than the thin copper element it's clear, self adhesive plastic. I taped it along just under the top of the side panel in a louvre.

Totally discrete and pretty decent radio reception, at least compared to the internal garbage antenna Sundance supplied.

gwstudios

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2008, 11:54:39 pm »
The strange thing is, if you go to any auto parts store and buy a regular old long antenna with the swivel base and lay it horizontally inside your spa, the reception is incredible.

Mine had a "T" style amplified indoor antenna and it comes and goes and the pumps interfere with it. Try the cheap auto option and you will be very happy.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2008, 12:15:24 pm »
The strange thing is, if you go to any auto parts store and buy a regular old long antenna with the swivel base and lay it horizontally inside your spa, the reception is incredible.

I've tried a few things and then went this simple route with good results as well.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

gwstudios

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2008, 09:21:49 pm »
Back in the old days when I did custom car audio, we would get the occasional classic car that the owner wanted a radio or system in. They would never let us drill a hole and mount an antenna so we would always lay one under the dash held with wire ties to whatever was there.

We never had one come back with bad reception. I was always amazed how an ungrounded antenna could work as good or better than a properly mounted one. Remember the old GM's with the antenna in the windshield? They always worked perfectly, even with AM.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2008, 06:08:37 pm »
Remember the old GM's with the antenna in the windshield? They always worked perfectly, even with AM.

I disagree, My Camaro had the worst reception of any car I owned, until my Hyundai Sante Fe with the antenna in the windshield.  GM went away from this and so did Hyundai.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2008, 06:08:37 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42