What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Sundance Optima questions (cover and air control)  (Read 2526 times)

pg_rider

• I've been Optima-ized
Sundance Optima questions (cover and air control)
« on: September 02, 2008, 05:04:15 pm »
Hey folks, long time -- been busy with our 1-yr old (who LOVES the hot tub by the way)!  Anyway, the tub is coming up on two years old and I'm seeing some things I want to address.

1)  The cover is becoming slightly heavy.  Not terrible, but I'm sure it's absorbing water.  My question is, can the styrofoam core be pulled out of the vinyl and dried out?  It's the stock Sundance factory cover.

2)  One of the air controls (the one tied into the foot dome jets which run off pump #2) is not working.  The knob turns, but when I open the control it no longer injects air into the jets.  Is this something I can easily fix myself by pulling the control out of the tub?

Thanks!
Paul G.
2006 Sundance Optima

Hot Tub Forum

Sundance Optima questions (cover and air control)
« on: September 02, 2008, 05:04:15 pm »

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
Re: Sundance Optima questions (cover and air contr
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2008, 07:25:07 pm »
 I think you could take the foam out for a 1000 years and it wouldn't dry out, even in the East Texas sun.

As far as the air control, it should be under warranty, its real easy to replace they may just give you one to replace yourself saves them a service call??  Worth a try.

Hot Tub Forum

Re: Sundance Optima questions (cover and air contr
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2008, 07:25:07 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42