What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Arctic or Clearwater  (Read 7904 times)

Too Tense

Arctic or Clearwater
« on: August 10, 2008, 07:52:56 pm »
I have looked at all the upper end spas HS, Sundance, ect. Its down to the Arctic Summit Legend SE, and the Clearwater Orlando Signature.

Local Clearwater dealer has sold 4 spas in the past 5 years, has 1 spa on display 2 year old model, little to no help seems that they could care less if they sell any spas, more interested in selling pools. Drove 540 miles one way to look at several models. Originally interested in the St. Andrew Signature and of course found the Orlando to be the best fit out of all there spas. The overall quality seems to be top notch and this Dealer was very helpful and knowledgeable not pushy. I have talked to the Clearwater Rep and he asured me that service would not be a problem.

The Arctic dealer is 75 miles away, again very knowledgeable, has seveal spas on display most were mind range models would have to order the way I want loaded. Again overall quality top notch, both have similar features Insulation, Floor System, but very different. Arctic is old world looking, Clearwater clean and modern.

This will be my first spa purchase and hopfully my last. I want the spa with the best track record with the least repairs, and when needed the lowest repair cost. What I am looking for is honest feed back on which one I should buy. Please be fair.

Thanks To Everyone Ahead of Time.

Hot Tub Forum

Arctic or Clearwater
« on: August 10, 2008, 07:52:56 pm »

Swell-Tub

• Scott
Re: Arctic or Clearwater
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2008, 08:42:30 pm »
I think it is hard to beat an Arctic but then I've never seen a Clearwater. Only you can really answer this question as your butt will be sitting in it.

Scott  8-)
2008 Jacuzzi J-470

Summitman

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2008, 09:28:04 pm »
Too Tense,

Glad to hear that Arctic has made your final two, and sounds like your close to enjoying a spa!!!  I noticed your looking at the Legend SE model from Arctic.  Keep in mind the Legend SE comes with a ten year full warranty, where as the Clearwater would come with a five year warranty.  It also comes with the Onzen chemical system, and the deluxe northern lights.  I personally believe that a dealer that is 75 miles away has the oppurtunity to give much, much better service than a dealer that would be 500 miles away.  Its easy for people to make statements that service wont be an issue but how easy will it be to get the service call when needed after the sale has been completed.  I am a Arctic dealer so my statements could be slighted a bit  ;), but I can tell you that if the Arctic dealer that you are dealing with has been selling Arctics for a good amount of time you will more than likely get excellent customer service.  
Just my .02 cents

Happy tubbin!!!
« Last Edit: August 10, 2008, 09:28:34 pm by waylon33 »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2008, 11:42:28 pm »

Local Clearwater dealer has sold 4 spas in the past 5 years, has 1 spa on display 2 year old model, little to no help seems that they could care less if they sell any spas, more interested in selling pools.

A bit of a red flag for me.

I have talked to the Clearwater Rep and he asured me that service would not be a problem.

No offense to him but what would you expect him to say?

The Arctic dealer is 75 miles away, again very knowledgeable, has seveal spas on display most were mind range models would have to order the way I want loaded. Again overall quality top notch, both have similar features Insulation, Floor System, but very different. Arctic is old world looking, Clearwater clean and modern.

If you're giving a check mark to Arctic on quality I think you might want to consider giving that more weight than which looks better. Also, I'd expect the Arctic insulation method to be the better of the two.

I want the spa with the best track record with the least repairs, and when needed the lowest repair cost. What I am looking for is honest feed back on which one I should buy. Please be fair.

Your post seems to lean toward Arctic except for aesthetics. A lot of spas are dressed up nice for the sale but I'd care more about which I thought would stand up better and cost less to run than which looked better sitting there but then again, its not me making the decision.

220, 221, whatever it takes!

starsky

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2008, 01:06:40 am »
Dealer rating- Arctic dealer

Quality rating- Arctic

Warranty rating- Arctic

Looks rating- Clearwater

wewannahottub

• Time for your Sponge Bath!
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2008, 12:10:02 pm »
Tense--

One thing I have learned from my travels, is, there is a MAJOR difference from Bling spas and Therapy spas...

When we started looking, we wanted bling and jets, all of which Clearwater has.  We also wanted the Orlando Sig, as I am a nurse and want more than just back therapy.  I liked those loungers.  So, we started looking at them, and we kept getting excuses from the dealer at every angle.  Finally, a high pressure sales tactic was used, but the stopping point for us (and I know we were getting a good deal) was they WOULD NOT fill the Orlando for us.  Yes, we sat in a Monaco, but I want to know what those Therapy Chairs felt like before we bought.  THus, that started my "salesperson issues" thread back then.  (I am trying to find the post to add the link but keep getting an IP error.)

ANyhoo, since our Arctic dealer (also Dynasty) was MORE than willing to help us, with NO opbligation at all--we looked at Dynasty, of which a Caspian 55 was ordered for us and we wet tested, loved the looks, but underimpressed with the feel.  Then, we jumped in a Klondiker and felt the real jets and WOW!  Of note, we also were impressed with Jacuzzi's jets.

Problem is==our dealer ordered an Arctic, which we thought hubby would feel comfy in, but he just wasn't quite there.  I wish there was a Summit to test.  

In the meantime, the Clearwater dealer opened a new store, (Iknow I have blabbed about all this before, sorry) and we stopped in and (new manager and salespeople later) they said they would fill the Orlando with a weeks' notice to test.  

Now, have we done it? not yet--just don't know if we are going to at this time.  Our thoughts are, where we originally wanted to put a spa, out on an adjoining deck where it would be open to the elements (we want that) would require redoing the entire deck for strength and size.  Too much cash in addition to the tub.  So, we may just delay our tub buying at this time, put money into some house repairs/updates that would be beneficial to my electric bill and tax return, and later down the line, get a tub on the deck where we wanted it to start with.

Too tense, good luck with your decision.  I have found, also, that dealer support is a major factor.  [glow]Too bad for us Clearwater lookers Hillbilly isn't in our areas!![/glow]

Let us know what happens  ;)

Chrisi
The grass is greener on the other side because the bulls**t is better...

wewannahottub

• Time for your Sponge Bath!
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2008, 12:52:01 pm »
The grass is greener on the other side because the bulls**t is better...

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2008, 11:48:44 am »
before you sign the paper, make sure you really investigate the warranty of both.  I own an arctic spa and have been very dissapointed with the warranty.  Read my post that started yesterday.  a warranty was so important in my final decision, however, what I was told from the sales staff at arctic is very different then what the warranty actually covers.

I love my arctic spa, but hate the warranty and the choppy service department in my area.  When I replace this tub, it will not be with an arctic spa.  this warranty and lack of support has turned me right off a great product

starsky

« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2008, 10:09:41 pm »
Dealer rating- Arctic dealer

Quality rating- Arctic

Warranty rating- Arctic

Looks rating- Clearwater

Dealer rating should be adjusted..

Too Tense

« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2008, 08:31:06 am »
It has been brought to my attraction that Clearwater Spas listing on the BBB site is UNSATISFACTORY.
This leaves me know other choice but too eliminate them from my very short list.

Clearwater is no longer in the running for my business. Sorry!!!

My wife is going too kill me because I am starting all over again in our quest for our perfect spa. The spa industry is 10 X's  worst then the auto sales industry. You cannot leave no stone unturned, when you think you are safe then there is always a surprise under one of those stones.

HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!!

Looking for any positive feed back from spa owners only, on what is a great spa too consider. NO costco spas, only top quality brands only. Not looking for a party spa, need extreme hydrotherapy.

Thanks ahead of time.

Cdn HockeyPuck

• '08 Artesian Platinum Cypress Point'
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2008, 08:54:13 am »
I don't miss going through the search again. I feel your pain.

This is just my experience in looking an deciding so take it with a grain of salt. We were looking for both a social and therapy spa. Our final decision was an Artesian based on a number of factors in no particular order
Quality,  Manufacturer, Dealer, Therapeutic benefit, size, no lounger.

Looking at what dealers were around our area, we decided on wet testing Calder , Jacuzzi, Arctic and Artesian. Don't get me wrong we looked at about 6 other but I was not confident in the level of service we would get.

From what I found,
Caldera didn't have the jet power we were looking for,
Jacuzzi was a really nice tub with good jet power and different jets in each seat for therapy.
Arctic was I feel as good as the Jacuzzi but we floated in it.
Artesian we loved. the power and jets and where each jet was helped in making this a decision for us, no lounger but one seat has leg jets and there are floor jets for the feet, the only thing it is probably missing is wrist jets but I just move my hands to a jet around me.

There are other hot tubs out there that are more designed for therapy like D1 but I found they were a little more expensive.  It all depends what you're looking for, if you know that it helps the dealer be of service to you and they are a little more helpful in the store when your shopping because they believe you are serious about it.

Just my experience...
Dave

"The needs of many great soaks out way the needs of a few... or the one."

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2008, 08:55:57 am »
If money is no object then I would look at D1, Artesian Platinum, Jacuzzi 400 series, Beachcomber 700 (?) series and Marquis. I'm sure there are others.

I personally own a Artesian and although it is a lower series than the Platinum, it is an awesome tub. I would not rule out any manufacturer at this point except the garbage ones.

Hillbilly Hot Tub

• Be open minded, learn something every day!
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2008, 12:36:24 pm »
As a Clearwater dealer, I must point out the BBB list, if you look at they way they score, if it is unresolved it goes to a bad rating, some of the unresolved issues are because the consumer did not respond. Now don't get me wrong, I see that there are some issues Clearwater did not resolve also, was it on spas or stoves (which they also do and we chose to carry a different stove line) and I feel there is no excuse for unresolved issues.

I will say, I have never had an issue with Clearwater baking anything with there tubs. I would not sell a product that did not have manufactures backing. I strongly beleive the dealer is also resposible for some of these issues that have pissed off customers. This is where Clearwater is making a huge mistake, having bad dealers out there and not doing anything about it. I think there are bad dealers in all the tub lines, I know in this area we have several, and growing everyday, customers from the local hot spring and the local jacuzzi dealers(who call us to ask how to fix the tubs and how to tell if it is a side discharge or top discharge pump!!!) because the dealer sucks. Does not mean that the product is bad, they make a fine high quality product.

Dealer is your key, has anyone ever delt with the car manufactures? It is awful, at least Dodge, I need a good dealer and service department because calling them is a waste of time. Know your dealer and their reputation.  

Just had to get my 2 cents in, I love our Clearwater line, have small issues with our Leisure Bay line (quality) and we just put Great Lakes on the floor again since their change and will see how that goes. Issues with the first 2 tubs we received in, we will see how they handle it.
Clearwater Spa Dealer, Great Lakes Spa Dealer, Helo and Almost Heaven Saunas. Authorized service center for several spa lines, CPO. APSP member. Good old fashioned New England service!

Too Tense

« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2008, 11:45:33 am »
After reading on several forums about Arctic Spas, being a young company in the spa industry with on going changes to their spa components jets, pump motors, onzen systems, ect. I have decided to eliminate them from my list. I will pursue a spa that is manufactured in the USA using the same tried and true compoents that have been used for many years with a track record.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2008, 11:45:33 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42