What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: which would you pick  (Read 3517 times)

timbo5929

which would you pick
« on: July 29, 2008, 01:28:30 pm »
My family has narrowed down our choices to the Arctic Tundra for 11,500 and the D1 Amore for 12,600 in the north west getting it shipped to SE Alaska thanks for any help. Tim

Hot Tub Forum

which would you pick
« on: July 29, 2008, 01:28:30 pm »

wewannahottub

• Time for your Sponge Bath!
Re: which would you pick
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2008, 01:34:22 pm »
Oh boy,...

Wecome to the Forum, TImbo!!

My choice between the given two would be Tundra!!  What level therapy?  Options?  If you are looking at Tundra Legend Extreme, with some extras, seems like a decent price.  

I did like the therapy seats in the Amore, but found some things sloppy and my hubby really didn't want a bench seat, since it limits our options for other deep seating.

Good luck.  Were you able to wet test??  Despite my personal fave, whatever works best for you and your family, the area it will be in, and your budget.  

Keep posting, and another must on this forum (other that wet testing) is posting pix!!

Chrisi  ;)
The grass is greener on the other side because the bulls**t is better...

timbo5929

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2008, 01:47:41 pm »
We have not wet tested, would like too but would have to wait prolly a month more or so before we get to order, becouse of how far away from Seattle we are they are both on the higher end of options with the onzen system and the ultra pure plus we love the look of Amore with 2 captains chairs for my wife and I and the kids get the bench, but Tundra has great floor and cover and seems tougher we do not know but have the funds amd are getting so ready to jump in one. It has been a wet cool summer and fall is around the corner, thanks again for any responses
Tim

Calypso

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2008, 01:54:55 pm »
Who will service the tubs when they get to Alaska if service is needed? Is there a local dealer or service tech?

Have you wet tested these Tubs to see if they fit. You said you have narrowed it down so what caused you to pick these 2 spas?

I think fit and service are very important so make sure you are satisfied before you ship the spa as I assume shipping is on top of the prices that you quoted.

Good luck in your search.
2007 Pacific Calypso

Tom

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2008, 12:03:35 pm »
My family has narrowed down our choices to the Arctic Tundra for 11,500 and the D1 Amore for 12,600 in the north west getting it shipped to SE Alaska thanks for any help. Tim
Arctic has dealers in Fairbanks and Anchorage but it's a big state!  Be sure to discuss delivery costs and any future travel charges for warranty work.

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2008, 12:42:05 pm »
 I have sold a few tubs to SE Alaskans, I always tell them to call if theres a problem, I will walk them through it and send them parts.  Fairbanks and Anchorage are quite aways from SE Alaska and I doubt they would fly someone out to fix it.  Depending where he is there may be a local guy that repairs everything??

Timbo where you at???  I lived in Dutch hbr for 12 years,  :)  :'(   Now in Bellingham, Wa

Tailhooker

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2008, 06:15:29 pm »
We have not wet tested, would like too but would have to wait prolly a month more or so before we get to order, becouse of how far away from Seattle we are they are both on the higher end of options with the onzen system and the ultra pure plus we love the look of Amore with 2 captains chairs for my wife and I and the kids get the bench, but Tundra has great floor and cover and seems tougher we do not know but have the funds amd are getting so ready to jump in one. It has been a wet cool summer and fall is around the corner, thanks again for any responses
Tim
You have to try out the D1 to see if you like the neck jets.  I tried a Chairman II and was excited to get a solid neck massage but I had a large splashing problem with the neck jets since they are out of the water at the higher settings, I had water squirting 6 feet across the room accidentally.  You can turn them down or off but the face splashing might be something to "deal" with.  Haven't tried the Arctic, but both are solid brands. :)

Chubby Johnson

« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2008, 07:05:41 pm »
I had the same problem when wet testing a Chairman. The neck jets were splashing water(lots of water) right out of the tub. The massage wasn't worth the water loss.  Take a good 1/2 hour or more wet test so you can check out every seat/jet/diverter valve before you lay down the cash.

If you are able to do so, speak with an independent hot tub repair tech and ask about both brands. You may be shocked by what he/she tells you.

timbo5929

« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2008, 09:05:54 pm »
I am in Sitka and are close to pulling the trigger on the D1 amore but the arctic seems to be very close still both have said they would send parts and walk uws threw if no techs are available,Tim

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2008, 01:05:22 pm »
I am in Sitka and are close to pulling the trigger on the D1 amore but the arctic seems to be very close still both have said they would send parts and walk uws threw if no techs are available,Tim

Geez for those prices I could get you into a J-365 or J-375  shipped??  I also have a 07  J-470 for pretty low as well. And you would be almost where you are on just those spas alone?   Are those spa prices with tax or without??  We also deliver to Alaska marine at no charge.   Just a thought!!  ;)

I sold a spa to the owner of Alaska Marine barge,  He bought one for his son in Sitka last Christmas.  You May know him?
« Last Edit: July 31, 2008, 01:08:30 pm by Jacuzzi_Jim »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2008, 01:05:22 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42