What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Let's talk more about winter!!  (Read 6298 times)

Cdn HockeyPuck

• '08 Artesian Platinum Cypress Point'
Re: Let's talk more about winter!!
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2008, 08:58:34 am »
A point about the cover in winter for those in snow climates.

My brother-in-law said his cover was wrecked by leaving a bit of snow on it when it was folded over, the moral of the story is to clean all of the snow off before folding the cover
Dave

"The needs of many great soaks out way the needs of a few... or the one."

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2008, 08:58:34 am »

wewannahottub

• Time for your Sponge Bath!
« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2008, 11:06:49 am »
Ben--

Once you've dipped in water that is 100-104 degrees and the temp outside is 20 deg. F, you will never go back!!  ;D

THere is nothing more awesome than snow falling around you as you sit nude or near nude in hot water, and comfortable as heck.  ANd, yes, the water around your tub can freeze, but you are close to your house.  It's pretty cool to jump out of hot water and stand there with all that steam rising off your body.

Great post, Bene and the Jets, to remind me why I want a spa!!

Chrisi :)
The grass is greener on the other side because the bulls**t is better...

Renee

• '07 Jacuzzi J-365 in Nebraska
« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2008, 11:10:13 am »
Speaking of winter:
Here's a picture of my kids and their cousins in the hot tub when the snow was falling.  It was beautiful out that night.  And the picture happened to turn out with the snow.  This picture even was featured on our local news channel!  The only time I don't like to soak in the winter is when it's windy.  The water blowing in your face will make your skin chapped.  But I love the calm winter evenings when the steam rises up!

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2008, 12:00:07 pm »
What Drew said is something some of us don't have the luxury - I take my suit off with a robe outside. Water will ruin most types of flooring. My tub is outside the family room and the flooring in the family room is laminate - water can ruin it.

I have a childs snow shovel to take the snow off the cover. A darker cover will absorb heat and de-ice itself when the sun hits it. I guess if need be some cooking salt will work as well to de-ice.

I will say it again - wind is not your friend.

H823Putt

• My backyard oassis
« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2008, 10:42:33 am »
Nothing like waking up in the morning after a freash snow has fallen and it is still snowing.

This was my first snowfall this past winter. My pool is on the other side of the fence.

All was nice an calm, sitting and relaxing, drinking my morning cup of coffee. Then my daughters woke up and decided to join me.

Getting out to the spa(mine is 40 feet away from house at end of my deck) is not a problem. I heat up towels and then put them in a cooler. They stay nice and warm for at least a 1/2 hour. I just wear my robe and crocs. Brush snow off cover, open it up, hang up robe, take off crocs and hop in. Your body is so heated up that getting out is fine. Take the heated towel and dry off and wrap around body, add chemicals, close cover, then head on in.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2008, 10:42:33 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42