What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Who makes this spa?  (Read 3479 times)

elp0901

Who makes this spa?
« on: July 22, 2008, 07:29:47 pm »
Hi,

I am interested in a spa that I found on Ebay. See Link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/2009-Aqua-Oasis-Hot-Tub-Spa-171-jet-AM-FM-CD-DVD-19-TV_W0QQitemZ150272393122QQihZ005QQcategoryZ42240QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I was wondering if any one has a guess of who actually makes this hot tub or what major brand name it might be sold under. I have contacted the eBay seller and have asked the question directly but he said that it would violate confidentiality agreements that he has. (i.e. dealers wouldn’t be very appreciative if I go try it out at their store and then buy it on-line at the better price). At the end of the day though it doesn’t matter how much I would save if it is not comfortable for me  :'(

Any one that has an idea is welcome to comment.

Thanks,
Erin

Hot Tub Forum

Who makes this spa?
« on: July 22, 2008, 07:29:47 pm »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
Re: Who makes this spa?
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2008, 07:43:22 pm »
Hi,

At the end of the day though it doesn’t matter how much I would save if it is not comfortable for me  :'(

No idea who makes it but beside comfort I would worry about quality and the warranty will be useless. Try even getting a call back if you have a problem. Once they cash your check you'll be on your own.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Water Boy

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2008, 07:49:59 pm »
Wow. You would need a bullet proof vest for that one spa that had 171 bullet jets. That just looks painful. :o
Arctic Spas Dealer of the Year- 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009

zroger73

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2008, 08:08:32 pm »
The first thing that came to mind when I saw that was, "Wagon Queen Family Truckster". The only thing it's missing is the woodgrain applique.  ;D
2008 Hot Spring Sovereign II with Tri-X filters
Ozone, Nature2, and dichlor only

Zep

• Cal Spas SQ92 Dallas-Texas
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2008, 08:34:44 pm »

Do you escape the sales tax?

Renee

• '07 Jacuzzi J-365 in Nebraska
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2008, 07:33:07 am »
There's a dealer near us that sells spas similar to the one you're looking at.  What they do is buy the parts and the shell, and build everything themselves in their backroom.  Then they put fancy names on them. They look cheap IMO.  Probably because they are cheap.  Not to mention, how much will you pay heating this thing?   I'm a true believer that you get what you pay for.  We ended up going with Jacuzzi, and have not regretted it once.  I would run, not walk, away from this deal.  Again, just my opinion....

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2008, 08:54:50 am »
Wow. You would need a bullet proof vest for that one spa that had 171 bullet jets. That just looks painful. :o

No kidding! There's nothing therapeutic about that spa!!

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2008, 10:21:16 am »
My guess is that it is Chinese.  As far as i can tell most of what they are making is being sold through channels other than dealers.
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

Hillbilly Hot Tub

• Be open minded, learn something every day!
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2008, 11:41:22 am »
Looks very much like the tubs that a chinese manufacture is trying to get us to sell, sends emails weekly....run don't walk. We just replaced a 6 month old chinese tub that died, they had no one for the warrenty and then it froze solid. They lost the money they spent on the chinese tub, then had to spend money to buy a quality to...no savings there!
Clearwater Spa Dealer, Great Lakes Spa Dealer, Helo and Almost Heaven Saunas. Authorized service center for several spa lines, CPO. APSP member. Good old fashioned New England service!

wewannahottub

• Time for your Sponge Bath!
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2008, 11:17:14 am »

No kidding! There's nothing therapeutic about that spa!!

Why, sure there is therapeutic benefits, like a therapeutic wallet massage, not to mention the massage your rectal orifice will receive from that warranty!
 ;D ;D ;D
(Sorry, mods!)

The grass is greener on the other side because the bulls**t is better...

wewannahottub

• Time for your Sponge Bath!
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2008, 11:32:14 am »
BTW, I agree, it looks like some of the Chinese tubs that folks have inquired about on the forum.  I would seriously evaluate every angle before buying something that large/expensive off the internet/Ebay.

Caveat emptor...
The grass is greener on the other side because the bulls**t is better...

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2008, 11:32:14 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42