What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: A small salute...  (Read 2433 times)

Spa_Tech

• Independent Spa technician
A small salute...
« on: June 11, 2004, 09:43:44 pm »
I cant help but being impressed by eight fellas moving a really heavy object with precision and and apparent ease...

This in part is because I move spas for a living, often doing what is perceived as difficult or impossible. The heaviest spa to date that I've moved was 1340 lbs and with the help of another we were able to load the tub up for disposal--- barely.

The 'usual' delivery of a spa includes moving an object between 200 lbs and 1,000 lbs- measuring clearances, carefully manuvering this object that would crush us, should we drop it or tip it over... And often, its difficult to not break a sweat or lose your composure under the burden.

What I saw this last week- The steady and precise  ascent of over one hundred steps to the Capitol rotunda to place the body and 700 lb casket of Ronald Reagan to lie in State was a demonstration of respect and dignity that will go unmatched in my view, for as long as I live.

Put in perspective, each serviceman would bear 87.5 lbs each were it only the casket they were carrying. Upon ascent, the greatest burden would be upon the servicemen furthest to the rear of the detail, bearing more weight than their comrades up front- Had one of them faltered, it would have been recorded to their disgrace in posterity on videotape and photographs.

I salute the Honor Guard and Casket Bearers for the dignity and respect demonstrated in their duty to honor Ronald Reagan.

It is my hope that we will continue to have leaders such as Ronald Reagan, deserving of such appreciation, respect and reverence- God willing.

Hot Tub Forum

A small salute...
« on: June 11, 2004, 09:43:44 pm »

ZzTop

• Beachcomber 550x owner
Re: A small salute...
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2004, 01:44:48 am »
Spa Tech
I Second that!
Regan was a great man, and a great President.
We in Canada salute him.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2004, 09:52:55 pm by ZzTop »

chaz

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2004, 12:37:52 pm »
I completely agree.  What a sight to behold it was.  May he rest in peace.

Wisoki

• YEEEEEEhaw
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2004, 12:44:35 pm »
I third that notion! But if I may, lets ponder for a moment what legacy Mr. Bill Clinton has left the office of President of the United States. I seriously douobt there will be any such tribute to the draft dodging womanizer. Thank God for the good people from the great state of Florida!  
« Last Edit: June 12, 2004, 12:45:20 pm by Wisoki »
If you like it and you want it BUY IT!

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2004, 10:33:51 am »
while watching the funeral...I started to remember just how much class and dignity that President Regan had while in office....The total devotion to each other that he and Nancy shared together...and in doing to so I was blown away by the contrast of the Clintons...It was odd to be sitting and missing someone who did inspire and in just a simple way respect as President....my prayers are with the Regan family...and I am thankful for the service he gave to this country and the world....I guess the old saying is true you don't really miss someone until their gone....
« Last Edit: June 13, 2004, 10:35:41 am by Mendocino101 »

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2008, 06:00:27 pm »
I was at the Reagan library the other day - I was getting ready to bid on a sound/video job there. Sorry, not hot tub related...

It just happened that I was there on the anniversary of Ronald Reagan's death. Nancy was there to place a wreath on the grave. I can't tell you how moved I was to see her still active, and to see her come to the grave site there at the Reagan Library to honor his memory that way.

8-)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2008, 09:18:13 pm »
Wow, this thread started 4 years ago. What ever happened to Wisoki?
2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2008, 09:18:13 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42