What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: WOW! learned something new about my spa  (Read 3367 times)

benalexe

WOW! learned something new about my spa
« on: July 01, 2008, 11:47:37 pm »
Used hot tub owners take note!!! Get to know your spa.

To make a long story short, I had this one air  control valve that did not do anything.  I have been going through several emails over 2 weeks with thermospas to try and troubleshoot it.  After taking off the panel and following the tubing it lead to 1 large jet in the middle of the tub.   I believe this is called a whirlpool jet.    I never understood this jet because it was such a large jet and hardley any water came out.  

Anyway,  After speaking with tech support today they told me that the outer ring ont the large jet was supposed to move and it totally adjsts the water flow in the tub.   At first I could not turn it but apparently there was some sand in it.  After working wiht it for a while I was able to tunn it.

All i can say is WOW.  Turning it re-directs the water to different parts of the tub. If you tunn it one way it puts all of the water in the big jet.   another way and it diverts all to one seat.

Net net result what was once my least favorite seat is now one of the best seats.   In addition the main jet is awesome.
This totally give the spa experience a different feel.  I love it even more.

One of my biggest complaints was lack of foot jet.  No longer a problem!!!

So take the time to learn your spa and get friendly wit h you dealer or manufacturer.

In terms of thermospas I can't understand why they have such a bad rap. Their tech support is so responsive and accommodating.  Their product is great too.

Hot Tub Forum

WOW! learned something new about my spa
« on: July 01, 2008, 11:47:37 pm »

Steve

• Ultimate Member
Re: WOW! learned something new about my spa
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2008, 01:34:50 am »

In terms of thermospas I can't understand why they have such a bad rap. Their tech support is so responsive and accommodating.  Their product is great too.

It's amazing what an $8000 profit from their unsuspecting customers can provide ! ;D
 I'm sure they're very good at service and have LOTS of practice!
« Last Edit: July 02, 2008, 01:36:19 am by Steve »

benalexe

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2008, 07:09:20 am »
Maybe things have totally changed with them but when my brother purchased the spa originally it was top of the line and it was $10,000.  No more than the equivalent of the competition. Also, Lately I have been reading a lot on these boards about how peoples service sux.  I guess you get what you pay for.

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2008, 07:23:47 am »
It's great that you are enjoying your spa and finding that it is more than you expected.  ;)
Support your dealer so they can support you!

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2008, 06:36:53 pm »
Right on. It's always good when you find something which makes your tub even better.

Enjoy.

8-)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2008, 06:36:53 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42