What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Help!!! my spa is beating me up!!  (Read 3438 times)

benalexe

Help!!! my spa is beating me up!!
« on: June 10, 2008, 07:13:31 am »
My wife said to me on Saturday that she feels that the spa makes her muscles sore.  She felt beaten up the day after she went in.

Last night I went for an awsome soak under the stars. I did not want to get out.   This morning I woke up with lots of aches and pains!!!

Hot Tub Forum

Help!!! my spa is beating me up!!
« on: June 10, 2008, 07:13:31 am »

H823Putt

• My backyard oassis
Re: Help!!! my spa is beating me up!!
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2008, 07:25:40 am »
Thats what happens the first couple of time you use it. Your body needs to get used to it.

104 degrees

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2008, 11:14:41 am »
My wife said to me on Saturday that she feels that the spa makes her muscles sore.  She felt beaten up the day after she went in.

Last night I went for an awsome soak under the stars. I did not want to get out.   This morning I woke up with lots of aches and pains!!!

Do you have a Master spa??

benalexe

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2008, 05:55:22 pm »

Do you have a Master spa??
Nope thermospas

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2008, 07:41:27 pm »
I have had this happen in Hotel spas, the in-ground my parents had decades ago which was attached to the swimming pool, and one or two of the used tubs I wet tested. Mostly the 'whirlpool' jet, volcano jet or similar.

But I have never had it happen in a HotSpring Portable Spa. I believe that if a jet system is designed correctly it will not only not beat you to a pulp, but it will not cause that annoying itch that some tubs inflict upon you. You can call me silly - Bill does - but I think a spa should make you feel better, not worse. And if I take a few weeks off from my spa, I don't want to have to go through something like you describe the first time I use it again.

But OK - you have the spa you have. Now what do you do? You may want to try turning the jets down - less air, or less water pressure and more air, try different things until you get a good massage without the pain. Temp may have something to do with it as well - try lower first. If you don't have jets which move, then you may need to shift around so that the jet doesn't stay in one place for a long time.

Finally - Hydration. Muscles need to cleanse themselves of waste - saunas and spas are both good for this- so help your body do this by making certain to take in plenty of water before during and after a soak.

HTH

8-)

« Last Edit: June 10, 2008, 07:43:11 pm by Chas »
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2008, 07:41:27 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42