What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Summer Temperature Poll  (Read 11418 times)

RK23

Summer Temperature Poll
« on: May 27, 2008, 12:29:45 pm »
This being my first summer with a hot tub (in Massachusetts by the way), I'm wondering what folks habits are as far as temperature setting on their tubs during the hot summer months?  Do you turn it down a few degrees, or just only soak in the early morning or late evenings?

Also, on a hot and sunny day, how many degrees can you expect the tub to get above the set temperature if you leave the cover on?

Thanks!
Russ

Hot Tub Forum

Summer Temperature Poll
« on: May 27, 2008, 12:29:45 pm »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
Re: Summer Temperature Poll
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2008, 12:38:40 pm »
102 during the summer down from the normal 104, we usually don't soak till 10-11pm so its cooler, its rare that at that time of night that its too hot to soak.

(below 98 is a pool)
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2008, 01:34:58 pm »
I just turned my "pool" (according to Bill  :) ) down to 97.  I normally have it at 100 during the winter and will gradually lower it as temps rise.  During the day, where it gets constant sun, temps can rise to 102 or so.  Normally I open the cover when I get home and give it a couple of hours to cool down before entering.

On a side note, I believe those of us whose body temps run normally low (96.8 for me...and that is not dyslexia) prefer lower temps than those whose body temps run normal (98.6) or higher.  I cannot tolerate 102 for very long and 104 is just out of the question for me.  Could a normally lower body temp cause this?  Would differences in reported temps between controllers help explain the differences in preferences as well?  Anyway, the number of positive comments I constantly get from friends that really like my choice of temp settings is significant.  Only one friend that I know of would prefer higher temps...and she has been known to wear leggings and mittens when everyone else is sweating.

Something to ponder anyway...
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

RK23

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2008, 02:40:31 pm »
Thanks for the input guys.  We're a 102 family.  We'll probably try 99/100, knowing it may get to 102 anyway on the hot days.

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2008, 03:31:18 pm »
From one Massachusetts person to another...I keep my spa at 102 year round.  I generally soak early mornings so that temp works.  I ended up adding a small pool after owning my spa for a summer and quickly realizing that the spa was not going to do the trick on a hot summer day.

Swell-Tub

• Scott
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2008, 04:31:37 pm »
I don't know what I will do here in Vegas in a couple of months when it gets 117 degrees during the day. Right now I leave it at 101 degrees and turn it down to 99 degrees when the grandkids come over.

Scott  ;)
2008 Jacuzzi J-470

H823Putt

• My backyard oassis
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2008, 04:50:16 pm »
I am in the Poconos and keep mine at 104 all the time. I normally only soak in the early morning and/or just before bed. I tried last summer lowering the temp but it just did not feel right. I do sometimes soak durring the day and will jump into my pool after soaking. AHHHHHH what a feeling  ;D

always in hotwater

« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2008, 05:58:38 pm »
104 year round in ohio I also tried turning down to 101 or 102 for summer just not the same.I usually notice a 1 to 2 degree difference in temp during hottest days.

hot tub Frank

• tiger river bengal
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2008, 07:17:04 pm »
102 here in south carolina all year long.

benalexe

« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2008, 08:25:13 pm »
My electric to come this week but my summer plan is to keep it much lower like 85-90.  The kids will treat it like a pool so they will be in a lot and cooler for them will be better.

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2008, 10:48:17 pm »
My electric to come this week but my summer plan is to keep it much lower like 85-90.  The kids will treat it like a pool so they will be in a lot and cooler for them will be better.

It may be difficult to keep it between 85-90 during the summer depending on where you live. I have a hard time keeping it in the high 90's in the summer where I live. Good luck...........
2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

benalexe

« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2008, 08:34:51 pm »
So now that I am up and running I am keeping it at 96.  I have not been in it yet. Probably tomorrow will be the inaugural soak.  Based on how if feels to the touch 96 feels good and it seems like we can stay in for a while without getting too warm.

I also sense that if it is at 96 the heater will not need to kick on too much but I don't know that for sure?

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2008, 08:34:51 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42