What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Spa light  (Read 3302 times)

benalexe

Spa light
« on: May 26, 2008, 07:54:05 am »
Did anyone here purchase one of these?

http://www.hottubworks.com/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?preadd=action&key=JJLSL24-1

Any reviews or comments would be great.

Hot Tub Forum

Spa light
« on: May 26, 2008, 07:54:05 am »

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
Re: Spa light
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2008, 09:10:09 am »
That type replacement bulb will work well on spas that have a simple on/off switch.  If your spa light dimms, you will not get satisfactory results.  There are other manufacturers that make this style light.

benalexe

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2008, 11:55:11 am »
My spa has a dimmer so I guess it would not work right. Any alternates?

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2008, 03:38:18 pm »
My spa has a dimmer so I guess it would not work right. Any alternates?

Your spa manufacturer may make a light that works with your model.  I know my Sundance spa has a dimming light but SD has a light that retrofits and works with my switch....but I have the same situation where an aftermarket light will not work correctly.

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2008, 10:55:19 am »
ben,

That same unit is in my tub.  I specified a multicolored LED light at purchase and that was the unit they installed.  The Balboa controller that controls my tub has a dip switch that allows the light to either be operated on-off or with a dimming function.  You might check your controller and see if the same is available.

BTW, I enjoy the ColorGlo though I rarely use the light unless guests are over or when adding chems after a night soak.  The red light is expecially good for allowing night skies to remain bright while one soaks with the light on.  There is another color change mode that cycles between blue, green and aquamarine that is pretty appealing also.  I like the product and its different functions.
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2008, 10:55:19 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42