What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: replacing HS ozone hose??  (Read 3892 times)

buffip

replacing HS ozone hose??
« on: May 18, 2008, 02:16:17 am »
Guys,
been having trouble with my vanguard ozone.  Check valve was broken (as in in 1/2).  Replaced check valve, but noticed very little suction at ozone end.  Poked around, and found hose was kinked in 2 places.  The hose is VERY soft, and easily kinks.  I had some BFG fuel injector hose (never been used)  in garage, and substituted that for the flimsy crap.
Question:  I am assuming the ozone and acid byproducts deterioriated the hose, thus making it so supple.  Does HS use a specia ozone resistantl hose?  Or can my BFG hose (MUCH more robust, and impossible to kink) fulfill ozone duty?
Looking for a way to ensure HS Ozone III is producing up to spec.  Any ideas other than smell?
Thanks!

Hot Tub Forum

replacing HS ozone hose??
« on: May 18, 2008, 02:16:17 am »

Richs100

• From a 1993 HS Prodigy to a 2006 HS Envoy
Re: replacing HS ozone hose??
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2008, 11:04:34 am »
Buffip, I don't have the techie knowlege to answer your question, but I just had the tech out to replace some handles on the tub and he told me he also replaced the check valve on my ozonator line.  He said it was broken in half, just like yours.  Thought that was interesting!
If you don't have anything nice to say about someone, come sit next to me.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2008, 01:01:19 pm »
GDoes HS use a specia ozone resistantl hose?  Or can my BFG hose (MUCH more robust, and impossible to kink) fulfill ozone duty?
Looking for a way to ensure HS Ozone III is producing up to spec.  Any ideas other than smell?
Thanks!

Yes, you need a special hose to withstand the ozone. Check with a local spa dealer.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

buffip

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2008, 01:40:28 am »
What is 'special' about the hose?
Just curious
Thanks

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2008, 10:59:33 am »
What is 'special' about the hose?
Just curious
Thanks

You can use any hose but the ozone will break it down (and then you change it again). There is hose with a special coating inside (kind of a 2-ply) that is ozone resistant. If you use what you have it'll work for awhile so just check it periodically if you do that.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2008, 10:59:33 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42