What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: OT - I have bad gas...  (Read 2635 times)

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
OT - I have bad gas...
« on: April 28, 2008, 02:31:51 pm »
I have some old gasoline in my boat. I parked the thing when I hurt my back last September, and I want to get rid of it and replace it with new. It is most likely around 15-20 gallons.

I would like some ideas on how to safely - and legally - dispose of this old fuel?

If you want it, come get it, but I will not be responsible for fuel filters you have to replace etc.

Any ideas - anyone?

8-)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Hot Tub Forum

OT - I have bad gas...
« on: April 28, 2008, 02:31:51 pm »

Swell-Tub

• Scott
Re: OT - I have bad gas...
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2008, 03:36:43 pm »
I have some old gasoline in my boat. I parked the thing when I hurt my back last September, and I want to get rid of it and replace it with new. It is most likely around 15-20 gallons.

I would like some ideas on how to safely - and legally - dispose of this old fuel?

If you want it, come get it, but I will not be responsible for fuel filters you have to replace etc.

Any ideas - anyone?

8-)
If the gas is only from September I wouldn't worry about it. Throw in some gas cleaner or new gas and let it run. I use 6-9 month gas all the time. Sure it won't have as much punch but after a couple of fillups you will be back in thwe saddle again.

2008 Jacuzzi J-470

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2008, 04:11:40 pm »
I would do exactly that - after all both of my boats sit most of the winter every year.

But this is a project boat which may have sat idle for a long time before I got it. I did add about five gallons of gas back in August, and fire up the engine, but I want to start with all new gas since I'm going to install fresh filters, lines and do a complete tuneup.

8-)

Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2008, 04:52:10 pm »
Chas,

I think the easiest way to get rid of the old fuel is to put 2 - 5 gallon containers in the boat and set them on fire. I'm sure if the gas is good it will ignite, if the gas is not it will possibly put out the fire! ;) ;D

Seriously, I would contat the local recyling center or hazardous waste center. We have one here close to our house and they take all sorts of things, stuff like oil based paints. I've only had bad gas once but it was such a little quanity that by the time I cracked open the carberator it leaked out and was taken care of.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2008, 04:52:10 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42