What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: new leaking tub  (Read 4463 times)

always in hotwater

new leaking tub
« on: April 16, 2008, 07:56:31 pm »
hi everybody been on this site quite often never posted a question! Bought a new hot spot tub 3 mos ago one month later noticed a puddle in the equipment compartment,called dealer they came right out said union at pump was loose tightened it said it was fixed just to check it in a couple days to make sure.2 days go by still leaking,call dealer came right back out said the union was bad had to empty tub replace union at the pump,they did all that said proplem solved. 2mos go by i checked it tonight leaking again same spot!My question is should this be acceptable or should i really complain when i call tmorrow? Dealer has been great has great reputation! Reason i bought new was old tub started to leak after 5Yrs! sorry i rambled so long!!!! thanks for the help

Hot Tub Forum

new leaking tub
« on: April 16, 2008, 07:56:31 pm »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
Re: new leaking tub
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2008, 07:59:53 pm »
hi everybody been on this site quite often never posted a question! Bought a new hot spot tub 3 mos ago one month later noticed a puddle in the equipment compartment,called dealer they came right out said union at pump was loose tightened it said it was fixed just to check it in a couple days to make sure.2 days go by still leaking,call dealer came right back out said the union was bad had to empty tub replace union at the pump,they did all that said proplem solved. 2mos go by i checked it tonight leaking again same spot!My question is should this be acceptable or should i really complain when i call tmorrow? Dealer has been great has great reputation! Reason i bought new was old tub started to leak after 5Yrs! sorry i rambled so long!!!! thanks for the help

Just call back and be polite yet firm in your desire to have this finally resolved.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

always in hotwater

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2008, 08:58:50 pm »
thanks spatech i guess my concern is that it is still leaking in the same spot im a little gun shy after last tub started to leak! just dont want this to be nagging problem!!!   Dealer said it was very uncommon for these to leak! But what else is he going to say   [smiley=laugh.gif]

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2008, 09:19:46 pm »
I totally hear where you are coming from.  I would be concerned also.  Firm and polite is the way to go.  Make sure they know your level of concern.  It sounds like the dealer has been responsive.
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

SpaNub

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2008, 09:22:04 pm »
Maybe I am too new to the industry to input on this...  Doesn't the 'lemon law' apply to spas as well?  If the same thing needs to be fixed or repaired, I think it is 5 times then they just replace the tub.

Please, please correct me if I am incorrect in saying so.

This is why i am a "SpaNub"   :-[  :-?

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2008, 09:24:08 pm »
As far as I know "lemon laws" only apply to cars.  It may vary from state to state.  You can certainly ask the dealer to contact the manufacturer for you and request a replacement, or you can contact them directly, but I think I know what the answer would be.

Keep us posted.

always in hotwater

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2008, 09:35:37 pm »
i think the lemon law does only apply to new cars.We love the tub its a Hot Spot Sorrento and it fits our family of three perfectly! Would be happy to just resolve this issue and move on.Dont really want a different tub , just make this one Right.Dealer is really awesome to deal with i do have faith in them!!! Just hoping its a fluke

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2008, 10:51:29 am »
A fluke. I have sold bunches of them with no problem.

It may even just need to be tightened - that can happen after a new union is installed. Runs fine for a few days or weeks, then simply needs to be snugged down one time.

Hope this is the case with your tub.

8-)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

loosenupspas

« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2008, 05:27:29 pm »
if you want to......call the factory......you will get fast results.

always in hotwater

« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2008, 07:46:26 pm »
I actually did call up watkins told them the situation and they said they would be monitoring the repair the guy said he would be curiuos to see what my dealer finds this time.He claims my tub is actually one of their more reliable and trouble free tubs.Dealer even offered to call watkins for me because they are surprised at the leak!!! They are going to be here first thing in the morning to try and figure it out again. Got my fingers crossed!!! Will keep you posted :) :) :)

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2008, 02:22:06 pm »
I actually did call up watkins told them the situation and they said they would be monitoring the repair the guy said he would be curiuos to see what my dealer finds this time.He claims my tub is actually one of their more reliable and trouble free tubs.Dealer even offered to call watkins for me because they are surprised at the leak!!! They are going to be here first thing in the morning to try and figure it out again. Got my fingers crossed!!! Will keep you posted :) :) :)
Well? :-X

always in hotwater

« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2008, 03:02:46 pm »
Well they got here I was at work.Tech called me and said union they had replaced was loose like chas mentioned.Said he got a good 1/4 turn on it. Said that should take care of it to keep an eye on it.He said next time he was in area he would stop and check it!Like I said before dealer is really great to work with.Hope this is it!!!!!!!  Thanks for everybodies suggestions, this really is a Great Forum to get imformation from, unlike some of the others i have been on

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2008, 05:11:33 pm »
Well? :-X

YEAH! It's been 18 hours already! We want updates

"service guy got in truck"
"started engine"
"Drove this route to customers house"
et.

UPDATES!
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2008, 09:03:47 pm »
Glad to hear. Enjoy.

8-)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2008, 09:03:47 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42