What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Marquis Electrical Hook-up  (Read 4425 times)

IL Parrothead

• Owner of 2008 Marquis Epic #2
Marquis Electrical Hook-up
« on: April 07, 2008, 12:43:34 am »
Anyone know if Marquis includes a GFCI subpanel with the Epic?
My dealer has me and my electrician confused!
Do we need to order one????   :-/
Mike

Hot Tub Forum

Marquis Electrical Hook-up
« on: April 07, 2008, 12:43:34 am »

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
Re: Marquis Electrical Hook-up
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2008, 02:29:44 am »
Yes you do. A 50 amp panel with gfi can be found at lowes for $79.00

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2008, 10:56:41 am »
You are spending $10,000 and your dealer cannot communicate with you about what you are getting!  What does that say? :-/
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2008, 11:46:26 am »
On the other spa site she said her dealer told her it doesn't come with the spa, which we expected to be the case here. The problem was another Marquis dealer apparently told her it was included. Maybe that other dealer was speaking for what he does for his customers as a standard practice so maybe that is where the confusion came in?
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2008, 12:41:38 pm »
when I got my Epic, my electrician provided all the materials. My dealer did give me a good reference for an electrician and he proved to be fantastic. He obviously worked with the tub set up crew often and even helped with orienting my tub on the deck..If you already have an electrician, it might just pay to visit your dealer in person to be sure all the info is being relayed accurately..just a thought ;)
Support your dealer so they can support you!

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2008, 01:32:14 pm »
On the other spa site she said her dealer told her it doesn't come with the spa, which we expected to be the case here. The problem was another Marquis dealer apparently told her it was included. Maybe that other dealer was speaking for what he does for his customers as a standard practice so maybe that is where the confusion came in?

We have kicked around the idea of offering or including the gfi with the spa but as WE all know it is never for free but simply built into the price. I know from what we can buy them for we could offer them to folks for a small savings over a Lowe's or Home Depot.

IL Parrothead

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2008, 01:31:52 am »
Okay, my electrician did just what bonibelle suggested -- ran out to the dealership to find out.  You were all correct.  My electrician will have to pick one up.
Thanks!
Mike

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2008, 10:20:39 am »
You are spending $10,000 and your dealer cannot communicate with you about what you are getting!  What does that say? :-/

The amazing thing is that if you reflect over a large percentage of the posts on here from owners and consider the watercare, electrical and operational questions we get, this same question of yours could be asked in EVERY one of those posts. I'm not sure why this specific one caught your attention? :-?

Take a quick look at the topics over the last 3 - 5 pages on here...
« Last Edit: April 09, 2008, 10:24:53 am by Steve »

IL Parrothead

« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2008, 05:38:11 pm »
In all fairness to our dealer, they just became a Marquis dealer.  They've been in the pool business since 1969.  We bought our tub on the day of their grand opening.  And we bought it from a regional sales rep from Marquis.  It's a family owned shop.  The son seems like he's been through all of the Marquis acclimation.  It was the father that was a little uncertain when my electrician called over there.  It's all straight now.  And, as a follow-up, my wife called Marquis's corporate 800 # today and said they had answers for every one of her questions, and they were quite pleasant.
It's all good!
Mike

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2008, 06:36:37 pm »

The amazing thing is that if you reflect over a large percentage of the posts on here from owners and consider the watercare, electrical and operational questions we get, this same question of yours could be asked in EVERY one of those posts. I'm not sure why this specific one caught your attention? :-?

Take a quick look at the topics over the last 3 - 5 pages on here...

Steve,

You are right.  I think I was a little cranky.  I just did it again on another thread> ;D
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2008, 06:37:57 pm »
LOL... I saw that!! ;D
« Last Edit: April 09, 2008, 06:43:44 pm by Steve »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2008, 06:37:57 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42