What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Control panel  (Read 3152 times)

kufferaths

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Control panel
« on: March 01, 2008, 09:33:21 pm »
I have a 2004 Chairman II.  The LCD display on the control panel has gone out AGAIN.  4th time in less than 4 yours.  It's still under warranty, but this is getting rediculus.  Whats it going to cost me when the warranty runs out?  Do I have a legitamate argument if I ask them to cover it for  the life of the spa?  Sorry for the spelling errors.

Hot Tub Forum

Control panel
« on: March 01, 2008, 09:33:21 pm »

spaman--

• Hot tubs are not for soaking, they are for selling
Re: Control panel
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2008, 04:48:42 pm »
I have a 2004 Chairman II.  The LCD display on the control panel has gone out AGAIN.  4th time in less than 4 yours.  It's still under warranty, but this is getting rediculus.  Whats it going to cost me when the warranty runs out?  Do I have a legitamate argument if I ask them to cover it for  the life of the spa?  Sorry for the spelling errors.

Is it the entire topside screen that went out ot is it just the lights in the controller?
-SpaMan~

BauerN

• "...to feel is to believe."
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2008, 03:23:45 pm »

Wow!  Those components usually don't do that.

Has your dealer/service man had any thoughts on the cause?

This has got to be  a "statistical outlier" for D1.  There should be an explanation.  That's a lot of "lightning" hitting one spot.
Bullfrog Spas Dealer.  Raising the bar for customer service.

vjs1958

• 2006 Dimension One Seville
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2008, 06:22:14 pm »
I'm having a different problem with my D1 control panel. My temp increase button turns on and stays on even when the tub is not being used. It happens more often when it's very cold out. Another board member posted the same problem. My panel was replaced last winter and the problem returned this winter.

kufferaths

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2008, 12:43:54 am »
Service tech came out today and replaced panel.  He said D1 has replaced the control panel with a different model, so there must have been a lot of problems with them.  Except the one he replaced last year was one of the new ones.  He has not come across this problem yet.  Of course this kind of thing always happens to me.  I will let you no if it goes out again.  

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2008, 12:43:54 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42