What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Hot Tubs depths  (Read 14225 times)

jkukla

Hot Tubs depths
« on: March 02, 2008, 03:09:11 pm »
We did a wet test on a hot tub that is 38" deep.  
The depth seemed a little uncomfortable for us.

We did a lot of floating.  My husband is 6'2 and he still felt it was kinda deep.

We found another that we like that is 33" deep.  Does anybody know if this really makes a lot of difference.  I know it's only 5" but not sure how much that will change things.

We haven't found one that we could wet test that is only 33" deep yet.

We are still looking.

Hot Tub Forum

Hot Tubs depths
« on: March 02, 2008, 03:09:11 pm »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
Re: Hot Tubs depths
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2008, 03:46:53 pm »
You will definitely notice a 5" depth difference IMO, especially since your husband is on the taller side. If you can't wet test the 33" spas find something in between like 36" which is a very standard depth that you should find wet.

We did a lot of floating.  My husband is 6'2 and he still felt it was kinda deep.

We found another that we like that is 33" deep.  Does anybody know if this really makes a lot of difference.  I know it's only 5" but not sure how much that will change things.

We are still looking.

220, 221, whatever it takes!

spaman--

• Hot tubs are not for soaking, they are for selling
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2008, 04:44:24 pm »

We are still looking.

Is the spa 38" high from floor to top or is the actual water line 38" from the inside bottom of the spa?

Most tall spas are simply raised from the floor by framing or the footwell is simply deeper, but for the most part spa seats vary in depth ranging from 30" to shallow "cool off seats" of 7". What brand of spa are you looking at that seems deep?
-SpaMan~

Spiderman

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2008, 05:46:01 pm »
Deeper spas give you more depth in the footwell and as spaman said, the depth will vary from seat to seat.  Best thing for you guys to do is wet test, wet test, & wet test to make sure you're happy.
People suffer one of two pains in life:  the pain of discipline, or the pain of regret

hottub.pool_boy

• New England's oldest HotSpring Dealer- 1983
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2008, 09:11:00 pm »
6'4", 200lbs. and the proud owner of a Solana TX. I fit perfect. Located on a second floor covered deck. Don't get me wrong, it was nice soaking in a HotSpring Aria at the store the other day!
OEM HotSpring Stuff & SpaGuard Chemicals Online

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2008, 09:11:00 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42