What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: spa show  (Read 5656 times)

jwjw

spa show
« on: February 16, 2008, 09:05:56 am »
I live in st charles mo, and there is a pool and spa show at the arena this weekend. Is this a place to consider buying a spa??

Hot Tub Forum

spa show
« on: February 16, 2008, 09:05:56 am »

Chad

• 2006 Jacuzzi J-345
Re: spa show
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2008, 09:46:27 am »
Jw2, being from the same area, I'm very familiar with the Family Arena. I saw an advertisement for the show a few days ago and have since been trying to find out what manufacturers will be there. I've left 2 messages with the event coordinator and still no reply. The only info that I've gathered this far was provided at the links below. From the looks of things, this is being headlined by the traveling Master spa circus. Now whether or not they're going to be the only ones there, I don't know. That's what I've been trying to find out....

http://familyarena.com/calendar/index.html?section=calendar&submit=detail&event_uid=556&year=2008&month=02&day=17
http://www.poolandspashow.com/spahome.html

If other manufacturers are present, I'd say it would definetly by a great place to get yourself aquianted with the different types of spas. I however, wouldn't sign any paperwork but rather get in writing the price they quoted you and then tell them that you have to think things through and will be visiting them soon at their dealership(if they have one here). DO NOT BUY A SPA IF THEY DO NO NOT HAVE A LOCAL DEALERSHIP(ESPECIALLY A MASTER).
A good dealer will honor your home show quote for a short while after the show. Just don't get rushed in to making a descion. Take your time and use the show more as a learning experience, than a deal finding experience.

I'll let you know if I hear back from the coordinator.

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2008, 10:33:57 am »
I concur with Chad -

The reason we bring this up is that Master has had some shows across the country where they bring in several of their own brands, add some gazebos and other things which are all basically in-house, and then advertise as if there will be competing brands.

It is fine to have a show with nothing but one brand, but it seems to be the consensus opinion here - which I share - that making it sound as if there are competing brands is somewhat unethical.

Also - the local Master dealer tends to end up with an onslaught of warranty work for spas which he technically did not sell. That has lead to problems in the past.

The problems is that it is very hard for someone who is not in the industry to tell if this is a legit show with many vendors, or one of these one-brand shows, because the list of Master products is long.

I would do some research here and on other web boards using the search feature to get some more background.

Now having said that, even if this is a show with several brands other than Master, I would still get a price in writing and then go back to the local dealer after the show to write the check. Gives you a day or two to think it over, connects you with the local dealer, and takes the pressure off of everyone except the salesman at the show.

8-)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

IL Parrothead

• Owner of 2008 Marquis Epic #2
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2008, 11:26:27 am »
Yeah, the link you posted takes you right to a website with Master Spas and their gazebos.  Last time Master had a show in IL, I did the same thing -- sent an email to the event coordinator and left 2 voicemails, trying to find out what manufacturers would be there.  No response.  It's all Master and their sub brands.  Scam!
Mike

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2008, 11:52:03 am »
This has come up from time to time, and occasionally a Master Spa dealer will come on the board and get upset, saying that THEY did a show on their own, and there were other makers represented. It seems logical that this could happen, so I will give room for it.

But the one-brand "show" seems to be the norm, and if you can't get a response from the promoter, the 'Promoter' is most likely Master.

8-)

ndabunka

• 2003 Jacuzzi J370 Platinum/Coastal Grey Synthetic
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2008, 12:05:44 pm »
Master does this ALL over the country.  The public consensus is that this is pretty scummy and misleading advertising.  Don't go, it is not worth the cost (only $5 per person when it was here but that's still $20 for a family of four).  In truth, I wish I had not even wasted the $5 for myself.  
...The gene pool could use a little chlorine....

Quickly approaching a mid-life crisis one day at a time.

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2008, 01:17:53 pm »
Master does this ALL over the country.  The public consensus is that this is pretty scummy and misleading advertising.  Don't go, it is not worth the cost (only $5 per person when it was here but that's still $20 for a family of four).  In truth, I wish I had not even wasted the $5 for myself.  

I would feel scammed if I was paid $20.00 to attend to the show. Master and these shows need to go away forever.

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2008, 02:24:16 pm »
They ran their ads last month in the Seattle area, the commercial on tv said there were multiple manufacturers, the commercial even had a Bullfrog spa in it, patio furniture, and backyard type stuff, largest spa sale of the year yadda yadda.

Well I sold a Jacuzzi to a guy who heard  the ad on the radio when he was in Seattle, so he stopped by.  He said it was the lamest thing he had ever seen, a huge space with 5 spas 2 salesman all Master spa's no furniture,no other dealers.  Surprise,surprise.  

How in the hell can they do it, advertising and space is not cheap, somehow it must be worth there while?  

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2008, 02:31:07 pm »
Master and these shows need to go away forever.

Frankly I don't care if they go away or not - they seem to be doing themselves a disservice with the way they promote these things anyway.

I just which they would be more forthright in their ads. The backlash effects us all.

8-)

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2008, 02:34:20 pm »

Frankly I don't care if they go away or not - they seem to be doing themselves a disservice with the way they promote these things anyway.

I just which they would be more forthright in their ads. The backlash effects us all.

8-)

Hence the reason they just simply need to go away, they give the industry a black eye as the fall out does hurt us all....

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2008, 02:43:41 pm »
Hence the reason they just simply need to go away, they give the industry a black eye as the fall out does hurt us all....

You know what buddy? I think I may just come over to your side on this one.

8-)

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2008, 02:52:30 pm »
lol...a pleasure to have you.... ;)

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2008, 02:52:30 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42