What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Another warped shell  (Read 8792 times)

clover

Re: Another warped shell
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2007, 08:00:42 pm »
This is an interesting situation where cool minds prevail.  Set your argument aside for a moment and let’s see how it develops.  I think Chas is right and Doc raises some very good points, as you do yourself.  You expected your Tub to meet “merchantability” standards.  

Let’s get our cards face up on the table and see what road they take.  The product should meet some level of standards (pardon the pun).  Hot Tub and Cover were purchased together to do a job, and they were expected to perform as all hot tubs that are made level.  After all the purpose of the cover is to insulate and seal heat in.  Clearly, your pictures represent evidence of heat loss.  Take some pics of the ice build up.

It would be nice if the warranty simply kicks in and gets everything done.

“….a little pressure of threats and bad publicity can go a long way…”  I am sure your right, but, is that the right way to achieve the desired result?  Hopefully, this doesn’t go there. Let’s see.

“....I expect an uphill battle…”  that may be, but let’s not expect to start there.  This all hinges on what is to be determined by Coast and the direction they take.  

As Doc says, let’s see how this plays out.
Trying to be the unbaised voice of reason.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2007, 08:00:42 pm »

Helios

« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2007, 10:43:44 pm »
Is foundation underneath the tub flat?  My contracts state that you will provide a continuously level surface.  If there is a dip in the concrete the frame of the spa would settle low and the shell would probably follow that dip.  You might want to take a look at the foundation.  

I drained and lifted the tub today (with straps and an electric winch mounted on an A-frame). The concrete pad is as close to perfect as I think you could get; 1 ~1.5mm (1/16") variation across the entire surface and no cracks.

I lowered it back down and refilled it with water; the corners are still lower (the same amount as before). The bottom of the skirting is flat and level on all 4 sides of the tub.

I'm going out on a limb here; the shell is fubar.
“Stupidity is not a crime…so you’re free to go”

Helios

« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2007, 11:18:58 pm »
This is an interesting situation where cool minds prevail.  Set your argument aside for a moment and let’s see how it develops.  I think Chas is right and Doc raises some very good points, as you do yourself.  You expected your Tub to meet “merchantability” standards.  

Let’s get our cards face up on the table and see what road they take.  The product should meet some level of standards (pardon the pun).  Hot Tub and Cover were purchased together to do a job, and they were expected to perform as all hot tubs that are made level.  After all the purpose of the cover is to insulate and seal heat in.  Clearly, your pictures represent evidence of heat loss.  Take some pics of the ice build up.

It would be nice if the warranty simply kicks in and gets everything done.

“….a little pressure of threats and bad publicity can go a long way…”  I am sure your right, but, is that the right way to achieve the desired result?  Hopefully, this doesn’t go there. Let’s see.

“....I expect an uphill battle…”  that may be, but let’s not expect to start there.  This all hinges on what is to be determined by Coast and the direction they take.  

As Doc says, let’s see how this plays out.

Somewhere we have started to go a little astray; mostly my fault. When I started this topic, my opening line was " It's time to see how Coast Spas handles their warranties."

I did not mean that I am starting a war; I am definitely going to give Coast warranty the benefit of the doubt. I am just arranging my ammunition in case I need it.

I knew the district manager would try to feed me a little bit of fluff. I politely let him know that with my background and experience I know more than the average joe.

Knowing a bit about contract and consumer laws will give me an edge if they do not do the right thing; I might be able to slow or stop them in their tracks before it turns into a big out-of-control mess. I should have said that the threats and pressure will only be used if they do not do the right thing. Also, I want to be prepared with the answers for any excuse they may use.

Again, I'm hoping that this is going to be resolved peacefully as it should be. I hope that this topic does not go down in flames as it's a chance to see how Coast handles this matter.

I will keep everyone updated on the progress.

« Last Edit: December 14, 2007, 11:25:05 pm by greg_bbs »
“Stupidity is not a crime…so you’re free to go”

loosenupspas

« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2007, 12:41:58 pm »
you should have to resort to threats, any blood pressure elevating tactics.  Your dealer, through the manufacturer, should do the right thing.  It is a defect in workmanship, clearly.  Did you pay by credit card?  Your card company can be helpful if you are not satisfied.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2007, 12:41:58 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42