What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Finally, I can post pictures  (Read 6542 times)

Helios

Finally, I can post pictures
« on: December 03, 2007, 10:41:25 pm »
Thanks to Pathfinder's instructions, I can finally post the pictures of our tub. Had it since May but I was pictured challanged until now. It's a 2007 Coast Helios.

« Last Edit: December 03, 2007, 10:55:46 pm by greg_bbs »
“Stupidity is not a crime…so you’re free to go”

Hot Tub Forum

Finally, I can post pictures
« on: December 03, 2007, 10:41:25 pm »

Josh

Re: Finally, I can post pictures
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2007, 11:11:40 pm »
That's a great looking spa. Those dogs look like they want to jump right in.  Many years ago I caught my retriever taking a little swim in the hot tub at my Dad's house after I left the cover off to add some chemicals and let them mix in.  :)

Zep

• Cal Spas SQ92 Dallas-Texas
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2007, 11:52:20 pm »
Re: "Thanks to Pathfinder's instructions"

Pathfinder is a very helpful member of this message board.

Your tub looks great.

The deck and semi-inground feature looks very nice.
Even though they are bit more trouble I am a big fan
of the look of in-ground & semi-inground hot tubs.

Where did you leave the access to the tub guts?
It appears to be well hidden.
Is it on the side of the cover-lifter?

Happy soaking!

Helios

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2007, 12:18:23 am »
Re: "Thanks to Pathfinder's instructions"

Pathfinder is a very helpful member of this message board.

Your tub looks great.

The deck and semi-inground feature looks very nice.
Even though they are bit more trouble I am a big fan
of the look of in-ground & semi-inground hot tubs.

Where did you leave the access to the tub guts?
I built a removable portion of the deck skirting, there'e just enough room to remove the tubs access door.
It appears to be well hidden.
It's under the arrows.
Is it on the side of the cover-lifter?
No, looking at the picture it's to the right; on the control panel side.
If it develops a major problem, I'll have 3-4 hours of work to dismantal a portion of the deck.

Happy soaking!

« Last Edit: December 04, 2007, 12:20:12 am by greg_bbs »

Pathfinder

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2007, 12:19:24 am »
I must say you have a very comfortable tub. I actually got to sit in a Platinum series a couple weekends ago at an acquaintance of friends house.  I enjoyed the right side corner seat.     Helios it looks like you ordered Ocean wave opal. Thats the first time I ve seen someone order that acrylic, how does it show at night with the lighting??

Helios

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2007, 12:38:30 am »
I must say you have a very comfortable tub. I actually got to sit in a Platinum series a couple weekends ago at an acquaintance of friends house.  I enjoyed the right side corner seat.     Helios it looks like you ordered Ocean wave opal. Thats the first time I ve seen someone order that acrylic, how does it show at night with the lighting??

Both corner seats are really comfortable; one has the small hard steady jets and the other has the larger pulsating jets. It is the Ocean Wave Opal; I ordered it with the   single multi-colour LED light. When it's really dark, the light reflects off the tub in a really neat ripple pattern. The blue, red and purple coloured lights look far better than the greens and clears.

My only complaint is that I didn't order it with the hip jets in the lounger.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2007, 12:42:29 am by greg_bbs »

Helios

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2007, 12:40:36 am »
That's a great looking spa. Those dogs look like they want to jump right in.  Many years ago I caught my retriever taking a little swim in the hot tub at my Dad's house after I left the cover off to add some chemicals and let them mix in.  :)

Both dogs are chickens; the jets scare them. At the cottage though, we can't keep them out of the lake.

Tony712

• 2007 Coast Helios
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2007, 05:04:47 pm »

Both corner seats are really comfortable; one has the small hard steady jets and the other has the larger pulsating jets. It is the Ocean Wave Opal; I ordered it with the   single multi-colour LED light. When it's really dark, the light reflects off the tub in a really neat ripple pattern. The blue, red and purple coloured lights look far better than the greens and clears.

My only complaint is that I didn't order it with the hip jets in the lounger.

You're not missing too much without the hip jets.  I rarely have mine on.  But I do mostly sit in the lounger, its become my favorite spot.

Helios

« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2007, 06:35:54 pm »

You're not missing too much without the hip jets.  I rarely have mine on.  But I do mostly sit in the lounger, its become my favorite spot.

If the price is reasonable, I'm thinking of having the hip jets put in. I have a bad back and my hips get really sore because of it. I only use the leg jets on low in the lounger and thought they could plumb the hip jets into the leg jet plumbing.

Tony712

• 2007 Coast Helios
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2007, 08:59:32 pm »

If the price is reasonable, I'm thinking of having the hip jets put in. I have a bad back and my hips get really sore because of it. I only use the leg jets on low in the lounger and thought they could plumb the hip jets into the leg jet plumbing.

In theory it sounds like a reasonable idea, but our spas are full-foamed and I can't imagine it would be an easy job to dig through the foam and plumb a couple new jets.  But maybe you have a good dealer that would be willing to help you out.  How do you like your Coast so far?  I've had mine since May 07 and love it.  I'm still unsure about the dual element heater though, I don't see how its going to be more energy efficient since it heats the water slower than a 5.5kw heater.

hottub.pool_boy

• New England's oldest HotSpring Dealer- 1983
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2007, 09:15:43 pm »
Nice install. Well done! Do you find it's easy to get in and out of?
OEM HotSpring Stuff & SpaGuard Chemicals Online

Helios

« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2007, 10:25:22 pm »

In theory it sounds like a reasonable idea, but our spas are full-foamed and I can't imagine it would be an easy job to dig through the foam and plumb a couple new jets.  But maybe you have a good dealer that would be willing to help you out.  How do you like your Coast so far?  I've had mine since May 07 and love it.  I'm still unsure about the dual element heater though, I don't see how its going to be more energy efficient since it heats the water slower than a 5.5kw heater.

My local dealer leaves alot to be desired but their head office is great; they resolved my 3 minor issues in one visit. The local dealer couldn't fix any of the problems in 3 visits.

I love the tub; we wet tested 12 tubs and we kept coming back to the Helios. I believe their theory is that to raise the temp. 1 or 2 degrees, the lower wattage is used.(more efficient)? To heat several degrees, they use the higher wattage. (Faster, less efficient)?

Helios

« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2007, 10:29:27 pm »
Nice install. Well done! Do you find it's easy to get in and out of?

Thank you.
Yes, it's very easy to get in and out. I will only have regrets if I ever need a major repair.

Doobiewah

« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2007, 09:08:21 am »
Nice looking install.  Thnx for the pix!

The Doob

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2007, 09:08:21 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42