What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Would brominated spa water be bad for a garden?  (Read 15157 times)

smokeandsoak

Would brominated spa water be bad for a garden?
« on: November 28, 2007, 07:28:00 pm »
is it ok to use the spa water to water your yard and or plants?

Hot Tub Forum

Would brominated spa water be bad for a garden?
« on: November 28, 2007, 07:28:00 pm »

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
Re: Would brominated spa water be bad for a garden
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2007, 07:52:15 pm »
Depends on the level of bromine, personally I would not.

Josh

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2007, 08:24:20 pm »
I actually drained several gallons of mine into some wildflowers this spring to experiment with this.  I was curious if it would harm them, but they didn't die.  Neither have any of the little trees (or the blackberry bush) that are located around the  area where I normally drain the tub.  I actually drained the entire tub into a blackberry bush hoping it MIGHT die but the darn thing didn't.  ;D

I'm not sure if I would use the water to feed plants I really cared about (or plants that produced a fruit or vegetable I wanted to eat)....but it doesn't seem to kill grass or anything else I pour it onto.

Vanguard

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2007, 12:42:38 am »
As long as your level is low, I don't think you'd have a problem.  Some city water comes out at over 1.5ppm of chlorine and that doesn't seem to affect stuff.  I remember testing the water at my first house one time, the chlorine level was literally 1.5ppm.  My grass was very green and my flowerbed looked great.

I used to shoot chlorine gas into pools in a former life.  I burned some plants with the gas sometimes, but even that didn't actually kill them.  And that was with 100% gas chlorine.

Now, I can tell you, if you breathe too much, it may affect the way things smell and taste.  I know that from firsthand experience shooting the gas.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2007, 12:44:48 am by aquatub »
The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas and my Vanguard!!!

Tom

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2007, 04:48:10 pm »
is it ok to use the spa water to water your yard and or plants?
Never bothered our lawn or any of the flowers, and the trees  loved it.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2007, 04:48:10 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42