What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Nature 2 claims bromine/Chlorine free spa cleaning  (Read 4621 times)

solo

Nature 2 claims bromine/Chlorine free spa cleaning
« on: November 27, 2007, 06:43:38 am »
Nature 2 makes the ion packs that help to keep the water clean.  I went to this type of system when I had a swimming pool and it was great.  I have this type of cartridge on my spa.  

In reading the Nature 2 website, they claim that Nature 2 ion cartridge and MPS are all you need.  They claim that this can keep your spa clean without using Bromine or Chlroine.  That sounds too good to be true.

Thoughts?  

Check out the link below.

http://www.nature2.com/files/SL2700_Nature2_Spa_Product_Brochure.pdf

Hot Tub Forum

Nature 2 claims bromine/Chlorine free spa cleaning
« on: November 27, 2007, 06:43:38 am »

Shaamus

• America's SPA-MART
Re: Nature 2 claims bromine/Chlorine free spa clea
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2007, 07:25:05 am »
We are huge proponents of Nature2.  It's great.

However, their marketing department is taking some liberties in my opinion.  You still need to use a little dichlor.  If you read their instructions that come with the stick, it calls for dichlor use "as needed".  We recommend to our customers that you shock at least once a week with dichlor.

Here's the link to the Nature2 install instructions:  http://www.nature2.com/files/TL2700_Nature2_Spa_Owners_Manual.pdf

Vanguard

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2007, 12:55:32 pm »
Not to mention that you must use Dichlor to "activate" the silver ions.

Nature 2 is a good product, but you will still need Dichlor to sanitize and MPS to shock.
The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas and my Vanguard!!!

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2007, 01:09:15 pm »

In reading the Nature 2 website, they claim that Nature 2 ion cartridge and MPS are all you need.  They claim that this can keep your spa clean without using Bromine or Chlroine.  That sounds too good to be true.

Yes, that is what they say and it's what is repeated by a lot of salespeople who either don't know better or know that its what the customer wants to hear. However, once in use the new owner always finds that they have trouble with water management by only using MPS per use. Once they get advice from someone who deals in reality they switch to adding chlorine after each use (or switch to bromine) and they see what actually works. Don't waste your time with that promise of using only MPS per use.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2007, 03:16:08 pm »
I don't think N2 is worth it, imho.   I've talked with folks who swear by it, and I've used it, and have seen no difference.  :-/

Keep in mind:

1) Pool water is different than hot tub water. The high temperature difference makes for significant sanitationneeds  as well as the volume of water to user ratio. What works well in a pool may not work well in a hot tub.

2) Despite what you may have been told, you will need to continue to use Dichlor and still shock.  Additionly,  any $$ savings you have been promised from  reduced chemical use will be offset (and exceeded)  by the price of the N2 cartrige.

3) Don't keep old N2 Cartirdges in the spa.  After each water changer, or 4 months (which ever comes first) change out the cartirdige. Old units can break open and the ruin the pumps.

That being said, I recomend you wait a bit and get used to your spa, your water and a get a handle on water care. After a few water change outs, try the n2 catrige for yourself and see if it makes any difference to you.

I didn't see any difference, but some folks claim it makes thier water "silker" and "Brighter"
07 Caldera Geneva

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2007, 06:46:23 pm »
I kind of agree with drewstar.

I have found that the Spa Frog (almost the same as N2) did make my water stay longer but by only one day.

The water doesn't feel any different and I think the $25 that they cost for 4 months is just not worth it. I still use the same amount of dichlor and need to dose at the same intervals.

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2007, 06:50:47 pm »
I have also stopped using them...mostly because I use my spa every day and thus add chlorine daily so I don't get the value from it.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2007, 06:50:47 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42