What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Rental property tub maint.  (Read 1495 times)

giarc

Rental property tub maint.
« on: November 04, 2007, 07:48:10 pm »
Currently researching getting a basic hot tub for a rental property.  In the winter will be mostly weekend rentals with tub located outside.

Speaking with sales people they tell me that the tubs are mostly maintence free.  Just check the levels and use the toad or duck full of chemicals.  Emply few times a yr and that is it.

Then speaking with friends they say you have to clean after each renter and they require alot of attention, like its different then just you and your family using the tub on a regular basis.

What do you think?

Hot Tub Forum

Rental property tub maint.
« on: November 04, 2007, 07:48:10 pm »

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
Re: Rental property tub maint.
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2007, 08:15:00 pm »
I think there are rules (or something) that dictates how you have to treat the spa for the public, vs. for personal use. I think Doc will have an answer for you. I have friends that rented a house in North Carolina for a week. They loved the tub until they all ended up with hot tub rash. It turns out that the tub had been in storage and they were the first rental that used the tub. Probably water in the lines contaminated the tub and the sanitization method was not sufficient to kill the bioburden. Renters would love the option of a hot tub, you just have to be sure the maintence is up to par...and it really isn't as simple as the "dealers" have led you to believe. Just throw a toad in and you will see. ;)
Support your dealer so they can support you!

Hot Tub Forum

Re: Rental property tub maint.
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2007, 08:15:00 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42