What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Spa cover lifter  (Read 3469 times)

Tonyf

Spa cover lifter
« on: October 17, 2007, 09:11:32 pm »
I am having a Cladera spa delivered next week and chose not to include the cover lifter offered by the dealer as their model had the cover parked too far up the side of the spa when opened. I am looking for a spa cover lifter that will
1. Allow the cover the rest on or close to the floor, and 2. want one that either is deck mounted or has a metal plate that goes under the spa as I do not want to mount it to the spa itself.

Any suggestion to to name brand and where I can puirchase one would be appreciated. I saw a cover lifter with the metal plate that goes under the spa, but cannot remember where I saw it.
Thanks,
Tony

Hot Tub Forum

Spa cover lifter
« on: October 17, 2007, 09:11:32 pm »

96SC

Re: Spa cover lifter
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2007, 10:26:11 pm »
Here is a link to several mail order cover lifters http://www.rhtubs.com/store/cover.htm.  A very reliable supplier.

One called the Covermate II may be what you're looking for, good luck in your search.

Welcome to the forum.
Before I speak, I have something important to say--Groucho Marx

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2007, 10:27:25 pm »
I personally like the Cover-Up.
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Tonyf

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2007, 08:40:04 pm »
Thanks for the information. I had looked at the Cover Rocket and Covermate II, but couldn't tell which one would store down having the least amount of cover sticking up when it is off the spa.
Tony

96SC

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2007, 01:08:58 am »
If you live in a neighborhood where you may have neighbors wanting to sneak a peak of you soaking (or other activities)  ::) the cover sticking up could be 'strategically located' to block their view.  Ours sticks up several inches above the tub but we don't even notice, our favorite seats directs our backs to it.
Before I speak, I have something important to say--Groucho Marx

Buckeye Gal

• Proud Cameo Owner
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2007, 02:10:39 pm »
A company by the name of Leisure Concepts has a nice line of various coverlifters. You might want to look for a dealer in your area that has their products on display-maybe on their showroom floor.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2007, 02:34:49 pm »
Here is a link to several mail order cover lifters http://www.rhtubs.com/store/cover.htm.  A very reliable supplier.

One called the Covermate II may be what you're looking for, good luck in your search.

Welcome to the forum.

This is the one I have with the under tub mount, and I bought it at the same place.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Pathfinder

« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2007, 02:41:32 pm »
Check out the Cover Valet deck mount version.

Shaamus

• America's SPA-MART
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2007, 09:02:54 pm »
Cover Valet Deckmount won't work unless the tub is sunk into the ground/deck.  Like others have mentioned, Cover Up by Coverplay or Covermate III Understyle are your best bets.  The undermount Cover Rock-It isn't ready yet.  The Cover Up is cheaper than the CM2-Under.  Both are available all over the internet.  You're likely to find the Covermate in a local store too.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2007, 09:04:08 pm by Shaamus »

Tonyf

« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2007, 09:10:35 pm »
After looking at all the options and talking with rh tubs, the Cover up seems to be the best built and will provide the least obstruction of our view. Thanks for all the suggestion.
Tony

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2007, 09:10:35 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42