What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Caldera questions  (Read 2896 times)

solo

Caldera questions
« on: October 03, 2007, 02:34:06 pm »
OK...I looked at a few more tubs and ruled out a few more tubs.  A 2nd Jacuzzi rep called me back after I didn't like the J-355 and asked me to come look at a 365.  She said they are much different.  So I will do that.  After that, I'm pretty sure my looking period is over.  So I have a D1 that I would buy.  A hotsprings that I would buy.  And 2 Calderas.  

So my question is about the C-Series by Caldera.  I looked at and somewhat liked the C-45.  Not as much as I liked the Geneva but enough that I'm pretty sure I would be happy owning it.  

One person stated that the C-Series was originally built for Watson's to sell.  Another person stated that the C Series was created for "select" Caldera Spa dealerships  and that not all Caldera Dealers have them which is why you don't see the C Series on the Caldera website.  So does anyone know the whole story?

1.  Who was the C-Series orignally created for?
2.  Which Caldera dealers are selling them now?  Why not all of Caldera dealers?
3.  Why is the C Series not on the website?

Also, the C-45 is a "stripped down" Geneva as far as I can tell.  Same warranty, Same pumps, same shell, mostly the same jet location.  The C-45 has a smaller filter, different electronics, no fancy lighting system, no air jet system, no circ pump.  Fewer color options.  Is that correct?

Now, I wet tested the Geneva, not the C-45.  Anyone know how similar these 2 feel in a wet test?  

Hot Tub Forum

Caldera questions
« on: October 03, 2007, 02:34:06 pm »

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
Re: Caldera questions
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2007, 10:44:06 pm »
Solo, I would go with the Geneva is you like the Caldera best. I'm sure it would bother you in the future if you went with the cheaper C-45. You won't miss the money once you get it home. Go with your first choice. You only live once........

My bet is still with the Senior member profile.  :)
« Last Edit: October 03, 2007, 10:45:20 pm by Gomboman »
2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

Vanguard

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2007, 12:01:35 am »
OK...I looked at a few more tubs and ruled out a few more tubs.  A 2nd Jacuzzi rep called me back after I didn't like the J-355 and asked me to come look at a 365.  She said they are much different.  So I will do that.  After that, I'm pretty sure my looking period is over.  So I have a D1 that I would buy.  A hotsprings that I would buy.  And 2 Calderas.  

So my question is about the C-Series by Caldera.  I looked at and somewhat liked the C-45.  Not as much as I liked the Geneva but enough that I'm pretty sure I would be happy owning it.  

One person stated that the C-Series was originally built for Watson's to sell.  Another person stated that the C Series was created for "select" Caldera Spa dealerships  and that not all Caldera Dealers have them which is why you don't see the C Series on the Caldera website.  So does anyone know the whole story?

1.  Who was the C-Series orignally created for?  Watsons was one of the select Caldera dealers.  It was a way to offer stores like Watson's a lower priced Caldera spa.  This was to be a more competitive spa.

2.  Which Caldera dealers are selling them now?  Why not all of Caldera dealers?  From what I understand, the C Series is available to all the dealers now.  It started with Watson's.  They didn't do what they said they'd do.  Then it went out to a larger group as a test program.  Now, all dealers can choose to have it.  Many don't.

3.  Why is the C Series not on the website?  Because it is kind of an "off the menu" item.  Since not all dealers have chosen to participate, they haven't put it out for worldwide marketing.  Simply a business decision.

Also, the C-45 is a "stripped down" Geneva as far as I can tell.  Same warranty, Same pumps, same shell, mostly the same jet location.  The C-45 has a smaller filter, different electronics, no fancy lighting system, no air jet system, no circ pump.  Fewer color options.  Is that correct?  This is correct.  Same mold, just fewer features.  The C-45S has a built in stereo.

Now, I wet tested the Geneva, not the C-45.  Anyone know how similar these 2 feel in a wet test?  Should be very similar, if not the same, as the Geneva.
The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas and my Vanguard!!!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2007, 12:01:35 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42