What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Re: Comparable models  (Read 2169 times)

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
Re: Comparable models
« on: September 30, 2007, 12:31:06 pm »
A Jacuzzi 400 series is more comparable to a Hot Spring, IMHO.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2007, 12:31:43 pm by hottubdan »
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

Hot Tub Forum

« on: September 30, 2007, 12:31:06 pm »

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2007, 12:55:11 pm »
There is no comparable comparisons IMO.

You have 3 tubs and what does each one have that you like and don't like?

How do they feel?

How do you like the dealer?

Spending $1000('s) more on a tub that gives you nothing special is a waste of money. I have an Artesian and I couldn't justify spending a ton of money on any tub. I found the tub that had the most value TO ME.

MY OPINION was that at the time it blew away the competion as far as features vs money = greatest value. And the dealer was nice too. I looked at a lot of tubs and even amongst Artesians I could not justify spending the extra money on their Platinum line. Do I enjoy soaking in it - Yes! Am I missing something in the soaking experience - NO!

Chad

• 2006 Jacuzzi J-345
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2007, 08:49:02 pm »
A Jacuzzi 400 series is more comparable to a Hot Spring, IMHO.
;D   yeah, in price
« Last Edit: September 30, 2007, 08:50:45 pm by WHY_NOT »

tinybubbles

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2007, 02:34:32 pm »
Bill, go to their websites.  I know at jacuzzi's site you can get detailed specs on the tub you are interested in.  Coleman and hot springs also lists the specs and features of their tubs online.  I would definately say that you aren't comparing apples to apples.  The aria is top of the line for Hot Springs, but the 300 series is Jacuzzi's mid-range product.  You would need to look at Jacuzzi's 400 series to be making a closer comparison.  Or, you could compare Hot Spring's Tiger River line to the 300 series.   I think I mentioned this before, but I think Coleman is different than both of these tubs, since there is no circ. pump and there is a different method of insulation.  I'm not making a judgement call as too which is better, just stating the obvious differences.  I'd also be concerned with any dealer that couldn't give you the info you need a product they sell.  

D.P. Roberts

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2007, 09:40:23 pm »
I am looking at the Jacuzzi 355, Hot Spring Aria, and the Coleman 481.  Can someone tell me if they are not comparable?  Big difference in price.  I cant seem to find the info in the brochures or from the dealers.

Thanks.

How big were the price differences?

I was just at my Jacuzzi dealer today - their "sale" price (before any possible haggling) was about $6500 for the 355, including cover, chemicals, and delivery, but not tax, cover lifter, or steps. I'm in Ohio, and I'd say prices are probably at the low end.
"It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so." - Mark Twain

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2007, 09:40:23 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42