What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: I got a leak!!! need help  (Read 3200 times)

water@104

• Sitting here doing what i do best!
I got a leak!!! need help
« on: September 29, 2007, 12:41:26 pm »
the leak is at the light. i opened up the cabinet and the water is dripping out the back of the light somewhere. Any ideas on how to fix it?  any help would be great.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2007, 12:42:52 pm by stick1970 »

Hot Tub Forum

I got a leak!!! need help
« on: September 29, 2007, 12:41:26 pm »

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
Re: I got a leak!!! need help
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2007, 01:02:22 pm »
If under warranty call your dealer,if not you will most likely have to replace the light and gasket. If you cant undo the nut holding the lens in place it will have to be cut out,you can do it if your handy if not call a tech!   Its an easy job but if you have never done it may be tuff but doable.  

powernoodle

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2007, 01:02:53 pm »
Drain the spa.  Unscrew the light assembly.  Check the seal and the light.  The seal might be worn out or a crack in the light.  Then replace parts.
Vita Spa

water@104

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2007, 01:11:08 pm »
thanks for the advice, i have started to drain the tub. After it is down i will be able to get to the light and inspect it a little better. i hope it is just a gasket and a easy fix.

water@104

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2007, 03:27:43 pm »
well the water its down below the light now, but i cant get the lens cover off. any suggestion on how to get it off with out cutting it?

104 degrees

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2007, 03:28:56 pm »
well the water its down below the light now, but i cant get the lens cover off. any suggestion on how to get it off with out cutting it?

Call your dealer. they will send someone out.

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2007, 03:42:06 pm »
The only thing you can do,is try and get it off with some large channel locks if you can get them in there.

Hence my comment about cutting, lights can be a bit-- they are usually on there pretty good some times you can get lucky and the nut will come loose but not often.

Most times lights leak, is from over tightning by the installer at the factory.

water@104

« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2007, 07:27:31 pm »
The only thing you can do,is try and get it off with some large channel locks if you can get them in there.

Hence my comment about cutting, lights can be a bit-- they are usually on there pretty good some times you can get lucky and the nut will come loose but not often.

Most times lights leak, is from over tightning by the installer at the factory.

I have tried the channel locks and it won't budge, i had to stop or i was going to kicka hole through the tub. I will try again tomorrow. if i can get it i will have to call in reinforcements (repair guy) i was thinking it would be a pretty simple thing to do. i got the light it's self out but just can't get the lense to move. it is on there pretty dang tight. i think i should take a picture and let you see if i am trying to turn the right piece. maybe i am turnig the wrong part. in the tub you have the lese and on the back sde you have a wite pvc which looks like nut but it has silicone cauling all over it. is that a tru nut which i want to turn or is that attached to the tub? I guess i should of asked this part about 4 hours ago. but wht do i know i am just a user.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2007, 07:31:00 pm by stick1970 »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2007, 07:27:31 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42