What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Hot Springs Moto Massage  (Read 10198 times)

bankrbill

Hot Springs Moto Massage
« on: September 27, 2007, 10:52:01 pm »
Is Hot Springs really worth the extra money?  From what I can tell here in Indy what I am looking at would be about 2 grand more than a Jacuzzi or a Coleman.  The only real difference I can see is the Moto Masage.

Any feed back sure would be appreciated.

Thanks so much.

Bill

Hot Tub Forum

Hot Springs Moto Massage
« on: September 27, 2007, 10:52:01 pm »

Vanguard

Re: Hot Springs Moto Massage
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2007, 11:00:05 pm »
That's unusual for Hot Spring to be that much more than Jacuzzi or Coleman.  Are you comparing the high end lines of Jacuzzi and Coleman to Hot Spring?  Both have cheaper spas.

I have found the Tiger River series to be more comparable to many Jacuzzis and Colemans.  

Be sure you are truly comparing apples to apples.
The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas and my Vanguard!!!

RK23

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2007, 11:18:20 pm »
I agree with Vanguard, when comparison shopping I found tubs from Jacuzzi to be comparable, give or take a few hundred, with the similar size/version/featured tub from HotSprings.

Big_Dog

• 2007 Jacuzzi J-470
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2007, 06:35:54 am »
Back in the spring when we were comparing spa features/models the premium series for HS & Jacuzzi were almost identical. With regards to the moto-massage, I have found you either love it or find it annoying.

Big_Dog

• 2007 Jacuzzi J-470
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2007, 06:39:53 am »
Back in the spring when we were comparing spa features/models the premium series for HS & Jacuzzi were almost identical. With regards to the moto-massage, I have found you either love it or find it annoying.

I meant the prices were almost identical, the difference was less than $100. We live in Maryland, close to both Washington DC & Baltimore with many Spa dealers in the area, so that may have an impact on pricing.

Spiderman

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2007, 07:46:24 am »
Is Hot Springs really worth the extra money?  From what I can tell here in Indy what I am looking at would be about 2 grand more than a Jacuzzi or a Coleman.  The only real difference I can see is the Moto Masage.

Bill

There are a lot more differences than just moto-massage.  100% no-bass filtration, Tri-X filters, foot well jets,  jet variety, SpAudio, Auto-fresh, Watkins makes their own jets for optimum performance with their pumps, to name a few.  And like Vanguard said, Tiger River is more of an apples to apples comparison to the brands you've listed.

In the end, it's what feels and fits you the best.
People suffer one of two pains in life:  the pain of discipline, or the pain of regret

solo

« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2007, 08:16:50 am »
I made the mistake of limiting myself to the high end names when I first started looking.  I STRONGLY  suggest that you look at everything and see what you like.  WET TEST everything.  Don't let anyone rush your decision.  Go to every store, and again. WEt TEST everything you think you might be interested in.  You can dsave thousands this way and figurte out what you truly like.

Only after you've wet tested a bunch will you be able to know what spa is truly right for you.  

There will be guys in this forum that  tell you not to waste your dealers time.  DON'T LISTEN to them.  Take your time. Figure out what you want.  There will be guys that push you towards certain brands.  Remember, the purpose of this forum is to drive hot tub sales.  It is driven by the dealers as a means to sell more spas.

So don't let the forum be your main guide.  You can get some great info here, but the ultimate info is obtained by you when you WET TEST.  Can't say that enough.  75% of what your dealer tells you is pure marketing.  

Wet test a bunch and let the test be your guide.

bankrbill

« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2007, 08:44:19 am »
Thanks for your advice.  I have walked away from the spa I was looking at here at Watsons.  It is not available for a wet test.  I asked 3 different times for a wet test and was told NO 3 times.  I equated a wet test as similar to test driving a new car,  I sure wouldnt buy a car and not drive it.

cburk0677

« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2007, 01:33:53 pm »
Hey I live in Indy also. I bought a Vanguard this past spring and love it. What hotspring spa are you looking at?

In my opinion hotspring is worth the money. I bought mine at hotsprings spa west on rockville rd. I bought a 2006 vanguard for $8300. That included all taxes, setup and delivery, starter chemicals, cover and steps.

I actually purchased my hottub in December of 2006 and then had it installed in the spring. That let me make monthly payments on the tub at 0% interest. Also allowed me to have time to build my patio and get the electrical installed.

Enjoying SpaTopia in my 2006 Hotspring Vanguard

TravelingSpaGuy

« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2007, 01:44:49 pm »
LOL there is a sales pitch good and bad for every feature in a hot tub.  Have you sat infront of a motomassage to see if you liked it?  Its all personal preference, I personally like it ok but it doesnt make a huge difference to me.  And saying my lower line more compares to there higher line is always a think you will find with Hot springs, sundance, d1 or any of the big guys.

Solo is correct in trying spas out, but you can overshop and confuse the heck out of yourself.  If you value your time try to pick 3 of your favorite tubs and try those.  I would never suggest every model because who really has that much time cept for solo?
The lingering smell of poor quality will far outlast the sweet smell of money saved on a cheap price.

****I only give my opinions, if you do not like my opinion then voice yours****

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2007, 01:59:49 pm »

There will be guys in this forum that  tell you not to waste your dealers time.  .

I have never heard anyone say not to waste dealers' time.  That is what we are here for!
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2007, 04:58:35 pm »

I have never heard anyone say not to waste dealers' time.  That is what we are here for!

Yeah, I rolled my eyes when I saw that too.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2007, 04:58:47 pm by Spatech_tuo »
220, 221, whatever it takes!

solo

« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2007, 05:06:43 pm »

Yeah, I rolled my eyes when I saw that too.

Well...Did you roll your eyes when numerous people in this forum said it to me?  I did.  

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2007, 05:48:24 pm »

Well...Did you roll your eyes when numerous people in this forum said it to me?  I did.  

I'd have to see the postings but certainly no one is against anyone taking their time and researching.

There are dealers/salespeople that are up front and straight forward and there are others that play games. The same goes with customers.

They may have been reacting to some of your early tactics. I think your approach now is certainly a bit ahead of your early approach.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2007, 05:51:10 pm by Spatech_tuo »
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2007, 05:48:24 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42