What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: The Sundance Wet test  (Read 4448 times)

solo

The Sundance Wet test
« on: September 18, 2007, 01:19:55 pm »
I like my Sundance rep and I like her spa.

Hamilton 700 series:

Strong massage, powerful jets
Simplicity of use
Nice size
Within my price range

Operation costs are probably $50.month (filters, chemicals, electricity)

However, the jets were so strong that on full they kind of blew me out of the seat a litrle.  I can live with this as I can always turn the jets down.  

The real hard thing to live with is that none of the jets have any "WOW" factor.  They are all strong, they all give a good massage.  But you don't sit in any seat and say "Oh my God that feel good".  Like I do in the moto massage and the Oscillator on ther bullfrog.

Haven't ruled out the spa as I do like it, but I don't love it.  

Hot Tub Forum

The Sundance Wet test
« on: September 18, 2007, 01:19:55 pm »

104 degrees

Re: The Sundance Wet test
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2007, 02:09:31 pm »
I like my Sundance rep and I like her spa.

The real hard thing to live with is that none of the jets have any "WOW" factor.  They are all strong, they all give a good massage.  But you don't sit in any seat and say "Oh my God that feel good".  Like I do in the moto massage and the Oscillator on ther bullfrog.

How long where you in the bullfrog and the Hotsprings??? i'm talking about in the seats that you liked??

solo

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2007, 04:30:02 pm »
I probably spent 15 minutes in my favorite seat and 30 minutes in each spa overall.  

So, is it important to have that "Oh my" seat?

Thus far, the Oscillator seat in the bulldog was my fave seat.  

Moto was my second fave seat.  

In Canada eh

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2007, 05:14:48 pm »
solo

Did you ever check out the Bullfrog 362.  It should be in your 7k price range.
Bullfrog 451

solo

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2007, 05:30:37 pm »
My dealer designed me a 562 and sent me info on the 362 with extra jet packs.  

In Canada eh

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2007, 05:41:56 pm »
solo,

562 and 362 are the exact same shell, the difference being the 362 comes standard with two 3hp pumps and only three jetpacks

Pick out your favorite 3 jetpaks and make an offer, you will love it
Bullfrog 451

solo

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2007, 06:03:10 pm »
solo,

562 and 362 are the exact same shell, the difference being the 362 comes standard with two 3hp pumps and only three jetpacks

Pick out your favorite 3 jetpaks and make an offer, you will love it

Ok...maybe you could give me some info.  The Jetpack I wanted to test but could not was the Body Wand.  I have a damaged intestinal wall that will eventually morph into a hernia over time.  Until it blows, blowing a jet righ on it really eases the pain.  Problem is, you can't get a jet to blow there.  However, with the Body Wand, I could direct the water exactly where I need it.  I also have a knee that I had surgey on.  It;s touhg to get a jet to hit your knee.  The wand would hit it well.

Will the Wand hold up?  It looks like something that could easily break.  I love the idea, just don't know if it is durable.

Repeat_Offender

« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2007, 07:42:28 pm »
I stayed away from that wand for the same reason, didn't think it would hold up. There is no rule about having to sit upright with your back against the seat, you'll find after you own a spa that there are many different angles which you can sit that will direct the jets at your side or front. No rules just right.
Bullfrog 562

D.P. Roberts

« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2007, 12:41:57 am »
I stayed away from that wand for the same reason, didn't think it would hold up. There is no rule about having to sit upright with your back against the seat, you'll find after you own a spa that there are many different angles which you can sit that will direct the jets at your side or front. No rules just right.

That's why I've always liked tubs that have lots of "volcano" floor jets and foot jets. If your legs hurt anywhere you can get them over a floor jet. My wife's knees hurt her a lot, and she was always able to soak them pretty well with the foot jets in our last spa.
"It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so." - Mark Twain

RK23

« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2007, 07:01:13 am »
Solo, I've recommended wet testing a Caldera to you several times.  Their Niagara model has a side volcano jet to the left of one seat, an odd mini lounge that would cause jets to hit your right side while you are massaging your feet, and I've found the captain's seat to be the single most comfortable seat that i've wet tested.  This is probably slightly above your current price range, but worth wet testing if you're not sold on your current options.

http://www.calderaspas.com/Spa_Showroom_Hot_Tubs/showroom_niagara.html#

solo

« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2007, 07:30:47 am »
Solo, I've recommended wet testing a Caldera to you several times.  Their Niagara model has a side volcano jet to the left of one seat, an odd mini lounge that would cause jets to hit your right side while you are massaging your feet, and I've found the captain's seat to be the single most comfortable seat that i've wet tested.  This is probably slightly above your current price range, but worth wet testing if you're not sold on your current options.

http://www.calderaspas.com/Spa_Showroom_Hot_Tubs/showroom_niagara.html#

Will do.

I was at first only considering HS and Sundance.  But have since opened up my options (yes, I did things backwards).

mark 2550

« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2007, 12:04:43 am »
Your options are so wide open you will probally never find anything to suit your total needs just find one you can live with and take the plunge.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2007, 12:05:17 am by mark_2550 »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2007, 12:04:43 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42