What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: HS brand cover lifter?  (Read 5200 times)

96SC

HS brand cover lifter?
« on: August 03, 2007, 12:10:05 pm »
We contacted the folks who sold us our tub, Vanguard, about a cover lifter.  We asked what type they carried and they told us Hot Springs brand, I've never heard of a Hot Springs lifter.  Do any of you have an idea what they may be comperable to?

Thanks
Before I speak, I have something important to say--Groucho Marx

Hot Tub Forum

HS brand cover lifter?
« on: August 03, 2007, 12:10:05 pm »

salesdvl

Re: HS brand cover lifter?
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2007, 12:31:41 pm »
Private label branding is pretty common.  Hot Spring puts metal plates into the sides of their covers in order to receive the screws for their lifter.   The Cover Cradle from HS is a nice lifter, but will be more $$ than other alternatives.  You can certainly use any after market lifter on the Hot Spring cover.  I always liked the Covermate and CovermateII from Leisure Concepts.

http://www.covermate.co.uk/

Measure once, cut twice.

Richs100

• From a 1993 HS Prodigy to a 2006 HS Envoy
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2007, 01:34:53 pm »
My coverlift is the Covercradle II made by/for Watkins.  It was made for the metal plates Hot Spring builds into their covers.  I think it looks good since there is no metal bar running across the top and it has a gas shock that makes it easy to move the cover.

« Last Edit: August 03, 2007, 07:47:53 pm by Richs100 »
If you don't have anything nice to say about someone, come sit next to me.

Vanguard

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2007, 06:53:15 pm »
Go with the Cover Cradle or Cover Cradle II.  They are built specifically for your spa and don't put added pressure on the seams in the middle of the cover.  You'll be happy you spent a few extra dollars.  The CC II is cheaper and works just as well.
The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas and my Vanguard!!!

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2007, 07:24:26 pm »
More info here:

http://www.hotspring.com/Hot_Tub_Accessories/spa_cover_removal_system.html

If you go that route have the dealer install it.

If using CoverMate, you can probably install yourself.
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

kevinv18

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2007, 11:59:38 pm »
How do HotSpring cover lifters compare to other brand cover lifters?

Vanguard

« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2007, 12:26:41 am »
Well, this is old, you may have already bought your lifter.  IMO, the Hot Spring lifters are every bit the quality of other lifters.  I like the way they fit and the way they install to the side of the cover instead of a bar across the seam in the middle.

If you haven't bought one already, go for it with one of the Cover Cradle lifts.
The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas and my Vanguard!!!

Spiderman

« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2007, 08:16:55 am »
Well, this is old, you may have already bought your lifter.  IMO, the Hot Spring lifters are every bit the quality of other lifters.  I like the way they fit and the way they install to the side of the cover instead of a bar across the seam in the middle.

If you haven't bought one already, go for it with one of the Cover Cradle lifts.

X2    The Cover Cradle is a top-notch lifter and so easy to use  :)
People suffer one of two pains in life:  the pain of discipline, or the pain of regret

96SC

« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2007, 10:56:54 am »
We're getting ready for the spa delivery so I called my dealer to 'deal' on the price of a cover lifter.  She told me there was one included with the spa.  :o  Surprised me!!  I guess by paying their asking price has its advantages.  $400+ for a lifter (HS) as a throw in, sort of, I'll take.

Thanks for the recommendations though.
Before I speak, I have something important to say--Groucho Marx

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2007, 03:10:00 pm »
We're getting ready for the spa delivery so I called my dealer to 'deal' on the price of a cover lifter.  She told me there was one included with the spa.  :o  Surprised me!!  I guess by paying their asking price has its advantages.  $400+ for a lifter (HS) as a throw in, sort of, I'll take.

Thanks for the recommendations though.

Sweet.
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2007, 03:10:00 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42