What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: phoenix spas  (Read 4562 times)

lat61

phoenix spas
« on: August 27, 2007, 03:50:35 am »
 Can anyone tell me about Phoenix Spas?  We have been looking around  and visited all of the local hot tub dealers (Jacuzzi, Hot Springs, Sundance, Arctic, Beachcomber), and we've wet-tested at the first three.  We went to the fair today to check out pricing since they all seem to be offering specials during the fair.  At the fair, we also found a dealer that we hadn't heard of about an hour away selling Phoenix Spas, and he says they will deliver and service our area at no extra cost.  I had never heard of Phoenix and can't seem to find out any information online (other than the sales shtick at phoenixspas.com), including searching on this forum.  The special they are offering at the fair sounds too good to be true -- and we are really hesitant to pursue it any further if we can't find out anything further.  Does anyone have an opinion on the company's reputation for service / spa quality?  Thanks for any info.

Hot Tub Forum

phoenix spas
« on: August 27, 2007, 03:50:35 am »

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
Re: phoenix spas
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2007, 07:34:11 am »
 Phoenix spas hardly ever gets discussed on this forum.  We had a Phoeix dealer in town a couple years ago, but they went under.  I wasn't impressed with that store, which was a cheesy setup in a run down strip mall, and I wasn't really impressed with their spas either.  
 What I do know is that they are of the thermopane design- which can work fine if the spa is built well and is of high quality, or it can be a energy hog if the cabinet leaks.  

There are some photos of the Phoenix factory around here somewhere.  They aren't exactly flattering.  The factory is somewhere in California, and they had rows of spas in various states of completion sitting out unprotected in the hot sun.

How are they pricewise compared to the others you looked at?  The ones you listed in your post are all of high quality, and should serve you well.  Personally, I'd put Phoenix several notches below them- more of a middle grade.  I'd expect them to be priced accordingly.  
Brewman

Webini

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2007, 08:14:22 am »
Can anyone tell me about Phoenix Spas?  We have been looking around  and visited all of the local hot tub dealers (Jacuzzi, Hot Springs, Sundance, Arctic, Beachcomber), and we've wet-tested at the first three.  We went to the fair today to check out pricing since they all seem to be offering specials during the fair.  At the fair, we also found a dealer that we hadn't heard of about an hour away selling Phoenix Spas, and he says they will deliver and service our area at no extra cost.  I had never heard of Phoenix and can't seem to find out any information online (other than the sales shtick at phoenixspas.com), including searching on this forum.  The special they are offering at the fair sounds too good to be true -- and we are really hesitant to pursue it any further if we can't find out anything further.  Does anyone have an opinion on the company's reputation for service / spa quality?  Thanks for any info.

Listen to your instincts - if it sounds to good to be true then it is.

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2007, 10:00:44 am »
Which fair were you at?

Phoenix has always had low prices compared to brands such as Hot Spring, Sundance and Jacuzzi.  However, Hot Spring Jacuzzi and Sundance are far more popular brands.
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

lat61

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2007, 12:36:59 pm »
This is at the Alaska State Fair.  Our location means that standard pricing is significantly higher than down in the lower 48.  

So the deal Phoenix is offering was at least worth researching.  I didn't think it was a good sign that I hadn't even heard of the brand and couldn't find out much about it.  

dadorad

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2007, 04:40:58 pm »
The phone # of the mfg. is 1-800-400-7727. They are made in northeren Caly. Give them a call  and good luck

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2007, 05:09:16 pm »
This is at the Alaska State Fair.  Our location means that standard pricing is significantly higher than down in the lower 48.  

So the deal Phoenix is offering was at least worth researching.  I didn't think it was a good sign that I hadn't even heard of the brand and couldn't find out much about it.  

Do they have a local presence? If this is a case where they sell you a spa at the local fair and then you don't see them again I'd be very hesitant.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2007, 05:09:16 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42