What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: privacy  (Read 9720 times)

Chad

• 2006 Jacuzzi J-345
Re: privacy
« Reply #30 on: July 24, 2007, 11:25:05 pm »
Cyn,

Why not put the trees/shrubs in oversized planters? My uncle has a green thumb and has one of the most beautiful backyards I've ever seen. He has all sorts of things growing in those huge planters. I can't think of their names right now but I'll ask. Also I'm not sure exactly how far away your tub sits from the patio edge but arboritae trees would probably do the trick. They're fast growing and can reach heights of 60' and widths of 15'! I bought some 5 footers this past spring and they're already over 6'. My uncle planted some 5 footers 7 years ago and they're close to 12' tall and 4' wide. Around these parts you can buy 8 footers for $50 - $60 each. Or you could just plant some typical mature trees.........

« Last Edit: July 25, 2007, 12:04:30 am by WHY_NOT »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #30 on: July 24, 2007, 11:25:05 pm »

Cyn

« Reply #31 on: July 25, 2007, 10:25:41 am »
Chad - Thanks!!  Unfortunately I do not have a green thumb at all.  We had thought about the large plant/tree in planters idea, but am pretty sure we wouldn't be able to keep the poor things alive.  And the edge of the patio plantings won't work due to an area where the walkway leading to the patio from our driveway would still be open and would require a mighty high gate since it is in the direct path of that perfect 2nd floor peeping-tom window!!  My next house will be the one that sits on the hill...

I may end up desiging my own creation for this dumb problem and I will include everyone's name on the patent request!!  We could make a fortune...

hottbpete

• Caldera Niagara
« Reply #32 on: July 25, 2007, 07:13:08 pm »
I would try to stay away from anything solid.....the cool/cold breeze makes the soak!

104 degrees

« Reply #33 on: July 25, 2007, 07:57:52 pm »
I would try to stay away from anything solid.....the cool/cold breeze makes the soak!

SSSSOOOOOOO True. plus you feel boxed in :)

john

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #33 on: July 25, 2007, 07:57:52 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42