What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Nature2 offer  (Read 6275 times)

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
Nature2 offer
« on: July 12, 2007, 04:14:29 pm »
Sorry I only found out about this today. Zodiac, the manufacturer of Nature2 is offering a coupon for Buy 2 get 1 Free, good until September 30, 2007. You can download the mail in coupon from their website (or ours).
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Hot Tub Forum

Nature2 offer
« on: July 12, 2007, 04:14:29 pm »

Chad

• 2006 Jacuzzi J-345
Re: Nature2 offer
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2007, 08:02:53 pm »
Hey Doc, thanks alot. I really apreciate it. :)

Nitrousman

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2007, 09:35:47 pm »
Is $58 for three with free shipping a good deal with no rebates?

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2007, 10:54:19 pm »
Is $58 for three with free shipping a good deal with no rebates?

They are paying you to take them; unless it is the old ones for starter packs only.  If that is what it is, they are making a small fortune.
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2007, 11:49:32 pm »

They are paying you to take them; unless it is the old ones for starter packs only.  If that is what it is, they are making a small fortune.

If they're the old ones from the starter pack, they also wont qualify for the for the current buy 2 get one free offer (no UPC to send back). If this is the case, you'd do better buying 2 "normal" nature2's and getting the 3rd for free.
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Richs100

• From a 1993 HS Prodigy to a 2006 HS Envoy
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2007, 10:28:55 am »
Am I correct that the yellow Nature2 cartridge is the same as the gray Hot Spring Silver Ion cartridge, and will work in a Hot Spring tub?  (I ask because the HS cartridge has the Nature2 logo imprinted on it)

Thanks, Rich
If you don't have anything nice to say about someone, come sit next to me.

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2007, 10:34:56 am »
Am I correct that the yellow Nature2 cartridge is the same as the gray Hot Spring Silver Ion cartridge, and will work in a Hot Spring tub?  (I ask because the HS cartridge has the Nature2 logo imprinted on it)

Thanks, Rich

The material is the same, but the stick is made differently.  Hot Spring version is customized to fit Hot Spring filter.
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

tonyp

• Soaking in a HS Envoy!
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2007, 01:00:43 pm »

Thanks, Rich

Yes - actually only the top is different.  It holds it into the filter pipe from the top rather than with the plastic stick from the bottom.  I've actually swapped parts making a Nature2 identical to HS (except for color).  I now just use N2 with the sticks since it is less work.

BTW - according to Zodiac, eBay cartridges qualify as long as the seller has a PIP number, whatever that is.

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2007, 04:52:10 pm »

I was under the impression that they don't expire as long as they weren't used.

Under normal conditions (not a buy 2 get 1 free) that would be a good price. At $26 each, 3 would be well over $58; so they may be making a fortune (I know nothing about starter packs) but you would be saving pretty decent money buying that way IMO.

Heck, I paid about $18 each with the Spa Frog purchase recently and they sell in a store for about the same as N2.

Nitrousman

« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2007, 12:53:58 am »
They're the regular one's that are good for 4 months and they come in the normal box you see in the spa stores. I'v ebought them from the place before and always got them shipped in a sealed box.

CalicoskiesNC

• In hot water since July 2004, love our Optima
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2007, 06:58:26 pm »
Thanks for the heads up on this offer.  In the last 6mo, dh and I did an experiment.  I don't know if our results were coincidental or factual, but this is what we experienced.

We went without the N2 for first time in almost 3 yrs.  Changed water and cleaned tub, but didn't have a new N2 so just decided it wasn't needed.  In about 1 month, the water had a slight odor that got worse in following weeks.  We've never had smelly water, ever.  Also, during the non N2 time, we had trouble maintaining the alk and pH.  Thats also never been a problem for us.  To make this short story longer, we did another water change and this time we put in a new N2, so far its great.  Its been 7wks and no more musty odor, and our pH and alk seemed locked in at 7.0 and 110-120.  Like I said, I don't know if its just coincidence or if the N2 really is a miracle product.  We won't go without it anymore.  

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2007, 12:34:10 am »
Thanks for the heads up on this offer.  In the last 6mo, dh and I did an experiment.  I don't know if our results were coincidental or factual, but this is what we experienced.

We went without the N2 for first time in almost 3 yrs.  Changed water and cleaned tub, but didn't have a new N2 so just decided it wasn't needed.  In about 1 month, the water had a slight odor that got worse in following weeks.  We've never had smelly water, ever.  Also, during the non N2 time, we had trouble maintaining the alk and pH.  Thats also never been a problem for us.  To make this short story longer, we did another water change and this time we put in a new N2, so far its great.  Its been 7wks and no more musty odor, and our pH and alk seemed locked in at 7.0 and 110-120.  Like I said, I don't know if its just coincidence or if the N2 really is a miracle product.  We won't go without it anymore.  

I am now running without ozone and without a mineral cartridge.  My experience is my water needs more chlorine more often.  I can't skip or go off schedule or the water deteriorates.  If I stay on schedule, though, my water is perfect.  PH and alk are no different.

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2007, 11:54:58 pm »
NOT THE SAME - the yellow cartridges will drop down into the HS filter standpipe and may block the flow of water through the circ pump. You can put the little stick thingy on them and drop them in stick-first, just so you can get it back out again. Wow, this is goin'g to open some jokes...

Anyway, same stuff inside, just the 'shoulder' on the gray ones to stop them droppin in too deep.

8-)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2007, 11:54:58 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42