What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: cold tub, Help please?  (Read 2909 times)

joking103

• It's too cold!
cold tub, Help please?
« on: July 10, 2007, 09:29:42 pm »
Hi all,

been forever since I chatted here!..  I have a problem with my Caldera geneva utopia.  No heat  :'( , no signal on the panel that there ia a problem it shows temp and everything.  I drained and refilled, shut power numerous times.  And of course cleaned the filter as usual..  I am afraid the temp may have tripped.. And I didn't look at it for a few days.  Would that do it?  Usuallly you would see the dotted line.  

What would you say the problem is, can I fix it?

Hot Tub Forum

cold tub, Help please?
« on: July 10, 2007, 09:29:42 pm »

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
Re: cold tub, Help please?
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2007, 07:54:42 am »
Have you called your dealer?  Maybe they could give you some suggestions to try and clear the problem without sending out a tech.  My dealer does this to avoid unecessary service calls.  

The usual routine is to remove the filters, power down, wait 20 minutes or so, power back up, wait another 20 minutes and check the controls.  If problem is solved, reinstall the filters and you're good to go.  If problem persists, then it's onto the next steps.  
« Last Edit: July 11, 2007, 07:57:38 am by Brewman »
Brewman

104 degrees

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2007, 12:15:11 pm »
Have you called your dealer?  Maybe they could give you some suggestions to try and clear the problem without sending out a tech.  My dealer does this to avoid unecessary service calls.  

The usual routine is to remove the filters, power down, wait 20 minutes or so, power back up, wait another 20 minutes and check the controls.  If problem is solved, reinstall the filters and you're good to go.  If problem persists, then it's onto the next steps.  

Why would you remove the filters??

104 degrees

Richs100

• From a 1993 HS Prodigy to a 2006 HS Envoy
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2007, 12:22:51 pm »
Why would you remove the filters??

104 degrees

I think the idea is that if the filters are clogged and causing the problem to begin with, by removing the filters from the test, you are ruling this out.  There is no harm in running the tub without the filters for a limited test like this.  If the tub heats without the filters installed, that's a good indication that the existing filters are dirty or otherwise blocking the flow of water and causing the problem.  

(Am I right, techies?)
If you don't have anything nice to say about someone, come sit next to me.

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2007, 12:51:08 pm »
Not a tech but from what I understand you are pretty much on target.  Running without filters allows full flow and helps diagnose a problem by eliminating certain symptoms.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2007, 12:51:08 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42