What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Is your spa ETL listed?  (Read 5980 times)

Chris_H

Is your spa ETL listed?
« on: July 05, 2007, 11:49:42 am »
It is the middle of the year so I thought I would bring some attention to this topic.  ETL is a testing company that tests spas to make sure they follow certain guidelines.  I would recommend any future purchaser to verify their spa and manufacturer is ETL listed.  This is for the safety of the actual users of your hottub.  For potential customers, if the spa isn’t listed I would think again on purchasing that brand of hottubs.  

Here is where you can search for your ETL listing:

http://etlwhidirectory.etlsemko.com/WebClients/ITS/DLP/products.nsf/$$Search?OpenForm

If you find out that someone is stating their spas are ETL listed, but cannot find that manufacturer or brand, you can even request a field investigation.  Here is where you can find this:

http://www.intertek-etlsemko.com/portal/page/cust_portal/ITK_PGR/DOCUMENTS_PROD_PG/Field_Investigation_Request.pdf

Chris

Hot Tub Forum

Is your spa ETL listed?
« on: July 05, 2007, 11:49:42 am »

NE-Phil

• Marquis Reward '05
Re: Is your spa ETL listed?
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2007, 12:37:15 pm »
I have an '05 Marquis Reward and it's listed with UL.

Phil
Not a mountain lake? Then it's still a chemical soup!

Tom

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2007, 02:29:13 pm »
http://etlwhidirectory.etlsemko.com/WebClients/ITS/DLP/products.nsf/$$Search?OpenForm[/url]

ETL (Electronic Testing Laboratories?)  is one of the test organizations that covers spas; another is UL (Underwriters Laboratories).  CSA (Canadian Standards Association) I believe may cover some of the electronic components used in spas. TUV is the standard in Europe.  There are many more.

Please do search with some care.   If you were to look for Arctic Spas, for example, you'd find no results.  What?!!  Aren't they ETL listed?   >:(

Ah, but wait!  A search for Blue Falls Manufacturing, the parent company to the brand, turned up the various ETL listings for Arctic Spas and Coyote Spas and other products.    :)

You can also check for TUV (European certification for exported spas).  There are numerous TUV testers and sites; our certificates are logged at http://www.tuev-sued.de/ TUV SUD .  I was able to find them easily with the Certificate Explorer - but if you were searching a different TUV organization, you might miss them -- and again, search for Blue Falls Manufacturing.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2007, 02:36:11 pm by Graybeard »

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2007, 02:41:19 pm »
ETL= Edison Testing Labs.
07 Caldera Geneva

Chris_H

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2007, 02:50:44 pm »

ETL (Electronic Testing Laboratories?)  is one of the test organizations that covers spas; another is UL (Underwriters Laboratories).  CSA (Canadian Standards Association) I believe may cover some of the electronic components used in spas. TUV is the standard in Europe.  There are many more.

Please do search with some care.   If you were to look for Arctic Spas, for example, you'd find no results.  What?!!  Aren't they ETL listed?   >:(

Ah, but wait!  A search for Blue Falls Manufacturing, the parent company to the brand, turned up the various ETL listings for Arctic Spas and Coyote Spas and other products.    :)

You can also check for TUV (European certification for exported spas).  There are numerous TUV testers and sites; our certificates are logged at http://www.tuev-sued.de/ TUV SUD .  I was able to find them easily with the Certificate Explorer - but if you were searching a different TUV organization, you might miss them -- and again, search for Blue Falls Manufacturing.

Thanks Tom.  I should have mentioned that there are other testing facilities, as I knew that.  

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2007, 03:49:19 pm »
Are there spas being sold that have not submitted samples to a recognized testing orginazation?  Other than the re-brander, I mean.

I mean electricity and water- could be a disaster in the making.  I'd think some form of widely recognized and independent testing would be in order to protect themselves.

Brewman

loosenupspas

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2007, 04:17:02 pm »
The Coleman line up is ETL approved.....very nice

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2007, 04:17:02 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42