What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: spa taking TOO LONG to come!  (Read 2436 times)

beth12345

spa taking TOO LONG to come!
« on: June 19, 2007, 09:28:32 am »
Ok, I  ordered a Spa, which i am very excited about. Salesman told me 4-6 weeks. We are on 6 weeks. Repeated calls to store. They tell me it is a special order and will take 6-8 weeks. Nothing added to spa, ordered it as it was, so i do not understand the "special order" bit.  What are my rights? The store says it hasn't received word from the manufacturer that it is made yet. I can't afford to lose my deposit.  Help!Contract says 6-8 weeks after 50% deposit, which wasn't asked for yet. ( I was told initial deposit, then I would be contacted for deposit #2, with remainder paid when delivered)
Thanks,
beth

Hot Tub Forum

spa taking TOO LONG to come!
« on: June 19, 2007, 09:28:32 am »

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
Re: spa taking TOO LONG to come!
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2007, 09:38:58 am »
What do you have in writing?- regardless of what you were told, what's written will count.  Unless you have a guaranteed delivery or something like that (doubtful), the timeframe you were quoted is just an estimate.
Your contract to purchase is what's enforceable.

What are your choices?

Wait for the spa to arrive.  Ask the dealer to contact the factory and get a revised ETA.  Keep following up with the dealer.  Find out why the delay.  It may very well be beyond the dealers control, but they should at least be able to contact the mfg. and as about your specific spa.

Cancel the order and possibly loose your deposit, and start all over again.

What brand of spa is this?  There may be some "connected" individuals who can help you if your dealer isn't.  
Brewman

beth12345

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2007, 10:15:27 am »
It is a Jupiter by Hawkeye. I am on the east Coast. unfortunately, I found this forum after ordering, but did find a website with questions to ask, etc, so I didn't go in completely blind, but I wished i had waited and did more research.
Thanks for your help.

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2007, 10:17:08 am »
"taking TOO LONG to come!"

I blame the little blue pills or too much burbon.

/ducks and runs.
07 Caldera Geneva

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2007, 10:17:08 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42