What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Hotsprings contest?  (Read 5456 times)

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
Hotsprings contest?
« on: May 24, 2007, 10:33:18 am »
What happened to the topic about the Hotsprings contest? For the life of me, I can't find it.
????

For those who entered, HOtpsrings has updated thier page AND THE WINNER.....

Will be annouced After June 1.  :P

Stayed tuned Skellman, and I think Wm also entered.  :D

07 Caldera Geneva

Hot Tub Forum

Hotsprings contest?
« on: May 24, 2007, 10:33:18 am »

cburk0677

Re: Hotsprings contest?
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2007, 10:50:23 am »
June 1st? Dang, oh well I was reading the fine print and it says you have to take delivery of the tub and the warranty is not transferrable. Since we just had our vanguard installed yesterday what would I do if I won the Aria? Kind of hard to sell a tub without a warranty.
Enjoying SpaTopia in my 2006 Hotspring Vanguard

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2007, 10:58:35 am »
And the tubs MSRP will be considered "income" by the IRS.   Put  30% of the MSRP away for  April 15, 2008  ;)
07 Caldera Geneva

Skellman

• There's more horses asses than there are horses!
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2007, 12:44:21 pm »
Can anyone enlighten me as to what accessories come with the spa? I don't remember and I just checked the site but, couldn't find the rules.

The reason I ask is if I'm lucky enough to win, I want to make sure I have the funds set aside for what I'll need to purchase. As well as what Uncle Sam will require.

I know some of my tub fund will go to a trip to Memphis at the end of June for the AAU basketball championships. However, my son understands the total infatuation I have for getting a tub. He is doing alot of fund-raising to help with the costs of the hotel etc.

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2007, 12:52:07 pm »
I can't find the rules cached on google...but I belive it's the same as the Caldera contest (I belive when I spoke to either  Jaq in Marketing, or JEff Z,  I was told they are running all the watkins contests from her office).

You win (I think)

Hot tub, (choice of colors shell and cabinet) Matching  Cover, and Delivery.   Tub includes the Sub panel box, like all watkins tubs.  ;)

Steps and a cover lifter are your $$. Stereos, ozone etc, unless standard on the tub are not included.

I bleive the MSRP on the tub is 11,500..   assuming a 30% tax bracket, thats $3450 for the IRS.  Also don't forget electrical work, and a pad to place the tub on.

Good luck.  :)

My tub (which hopefully is somewhere en route to MA!) is putting me out over $4.5K.  (Taxes, lifter, steps, extra filter, and upgrade to my exisitng pad area.)
« Last Edit: May 24, 2007, 01:06:44 pm by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

Richs100

• From a 1993 HS Prodigy to a 2006 HS Envoy
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2007, 01:11:00 pm »
My tub (which hopefully is somewhere en route to MA!) is putting me out over $4.5K.  (Taxes, lifter, steps, extra filter, and upgrade to my exisitng pad area.)

That's a nice "free" tub!  ;)
If you don't have anything nice to say about someone, come sit next to me.

cburk0677

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2007, 01:21:15 pm »
The bummer of this contest is the non transferable warranty. If I happened to win I would want to sell the spa and try to get $7k out of it. That would make my current hottub almost free. However the warranty issue really puts a damper on reselling.

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2007, 01:28:30 pm »
I knew what I was getting into when I entered the contest.   I'm thrilled.  Just as long as it GETS HERE SOON. I'm dying without a tub.

My dad aways tells me the story of a friend of his who went on the old game show "Concentration" (and won a lot of great prizes (Fur coats, TV, appliances, etc,  but no cash).  He declined half the stuff because he didn't want the taxes.  A free fur coats sounds nice, but if you need to give the Goverment $6000, it hurts. Sure, it's worth $20K but if you don't have that kind of money, you can get yourself into trouble.

One year  I won this at BJ's wholesale club:

We had a ball with it, but our taxes shot up $400.  

I wasn't thinking at the time, and although the gokart was fun, I'd rather have spent that $400 on something else.  

« Last Edit: May 24, 2007, 01:35:21 pm by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

hottbpete

• Caldera Niagara
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2007, 01:56:44 pm »
drew-  keep us updated.....

Richs100

• From a 1993 HS Prodigy to a 2006 HS Envoy
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2007, 02:05:21 pm »
Ok, Drewstar, let me get this straight.  
Last year you won a go-cart at BJ's
This year you won a Caldera Geneva Spa.

I am beginning to think you have the magic red sweater or something.  :) ;D
If you don't have anything nice to say about someone, come sit next to me.

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2007, 02:43:13 pm »
Ok, Drewstar, let me get this straight.  
Last year you won a go-cart at BJ's
This year you won a Caldera Geneva Spa.

I am beginning to think you have the magic red sweater or something.  :) ;D

Booga booga   ;D
07 Caldera Geneva

D.P. Roberts

« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2007, 09:44:34 pm »
My dad aways tells me the story of a friend of his who went on the old game show "Concentration" (and won a lot of great prizes (Fur coats, TV, appliances, etc,  but no cash).  He declined half the stuff because he didn't want the taxes.  A free fur coats sounds nice, but if you need to give the Goverment $6000, it hurts. Sure, it's worth $20K but if you don't have that kind of money, you can get yourself into trouble.

This reminds me of the yearly flame wars on the hgtv.com "Dream Home" forums. For those of you who don't watch HGTV, the network gives away a "dream home" every year that's worth several million. Many people on the board think that people who enter with the intention of selling the house if they win are somehow "cheating", & that the contest should only be open to people who actually plan on keeping the house. Meanwhile, people grounded in reality (and with real jobs) point out that the only way to keep the house would be to take out a huge home equity loan to pay the taxes. The monthly bill on the loan would then be more than most people could afford.
"It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so." - Mark Twain

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2007, 10:22:01 am »
ACtually, "Dream House" they give you $250,000.00  to help you out.  

But yea, I'd sell it.
07 Caldera Geneva

cburk0677

« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2007, 10:39:21 am »
No joke. Sell the home, pocket the $250k, invest and keep working my normal job. In 5 years or less you would be able to retire.

cburk0677

« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2007, 10:57:02 am »
man still no update on the hotsprings contest. What gives? June 1st was almost a week ago.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2007, 10:57:02 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42