What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Today might be the day  (Read 3664 times)

eightisenough

Today might be the day
« on: May 23, 2007, 12:32:12 pm »
Does $9,100 for an Envoy, no stereo, but with cover,  lifter, steps, checmicals and set up (not countin my big tip) sound like a good price.  I'm in expensive NY.

Still might wet test, a Cameo, $8,900 and am still considering a J355 for either $7,600 or $8,000 I wrote it down at home.

Hot Tub Forum

Today might be the day
« on: May 23, 2007, 12:32:12 pm »

Neptuner

• My only tub foam
Re: Today might be the day
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2007, 02:04:26 pm »
Does $9,100 for an Envoy, no stereo, but with cover,  lifter, steps, checmicals and set up (not countin my big tip) sound like a good price.  I'm in expensive NY.

Still might wet test, a Cameo, $8,900 and am still considering a J355 for either $7,600 or $8,000 I wrote it down at home.

I prefer the Sundace Altamar over the Cameo unless you are very tall. I think the Jacuzzi is a better choice than the Envoy at your quoted prices.

Your wet-testing should help you decide. Price is important, and money for a spa I believe should be spent with comfort as the top value.

The_real_Clown_Shoes

• Hot Spring Salesman since '05.
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2007, 02:54:18 pm »
Great price on the Envoy, especially being as far east as you are.  Freight is a nightmare these days.

eightisenough

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2007, 02:59:42 pm »
Thanks Vermont.  Just came back from Madison, Wisconsin.  Whose got better cheese, Vt. or WI.  I know Wisconsin has better beer.

The_real_Clown_Shoes

• Hot Spring Salesman since '05.
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2007, 06:40:52 pm »
 ;D

Not actually from Vermont- it's a quote from the movie 'Thank You For Smoking.'  I just didn't have room for the quotation marks or the whole thing.

I'm loathe to give credit to anything from Wisconsin, but they do have good cheese.  What were you doing up there?

nsavarirayan

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2007, 06:45:59 pm »
Hey is that Cameo an 06 - I am in Phoenix and am being quoted 9500 for a Cameo and they said it was a 35 percent off sale.  Why is every price a sale price yet all the same?  Its like I am trying to buy a used car or something!

eightisenough

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2007, 08:45:12 pm »
giraffe - one of my eight (my 22 year old) just graduated from University of Wisconsin.    Madison is an awseome place, great school.  Wish I had gone there.

As far as the Ca,meo, it is an 07,  the dealer quoted me that price right of the bat.

I was about to go for the Envoy when my wife decided that she doesn't like the shell colors.   Great, back to square one.  I think she likes the DS1 colors and I really haven't even looked at them.  Which ones are comparablde to the Envoy or Cameo?

No sense arguing with her, might as well go with the flow.

tonyp

• Soaking in a HS Envoy!
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2007, 09:01:42 pm »
Where in NY?  I bought my Envoy with the same package for under 8k albeit 3 years ago though in Middletown, NY.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2007, 09:02:55 pm by tonyp »

eightisenough

« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2007, 09:16:25 pm »
Priscos in Yonkers.  I have a feeling it is the three years.

tonyp

• Soaking in a HS Envoy!
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2007, 10:01:49 pm »
I tried their store in Denville, NJ but only the Bergen county store had an Envoy to wet test.  My local dealer wouldn't fill their Envoy so I went to Northstar Energy in Middletown, NY (about 20 minutes).  They were $700 cheaper and my local dealer held firm so I bought from Northstar.  
« Last Edit: May 23, 2007, 10:02:50 pm by tonyp »

eightisenough

« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2007, 07:59:52 am »
I'm finding that the dealer matters, even in the pre sale period.  The SUndance dealer in Rockland County basicxally axcts as if he is doing me a favor by letting me come over and I cannot get them on the phone so I can imagine how it would be after they have my money.  Plus, he said any service call eould be $50 to come over as did one of the two Jacuzzi dealers.  

I like the Jacuzzi/D! dealer and will now concentrate.  I am assuming that if one gets lucky, you rarely need service, but with my luck,  I will need service so I should pick a good dealer.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2007, 10:58:00 am »
my wife decided that she doesn't like the shell colors.  

LOL, I've seen people turn away due to their displeasure over the siding on a particular spa (some look very "platic-like") and I can kind of see that since it's a show piece of your yard but you might remind here that 23˝ hrs per day the spa sits there with the cover on and no one sees the shell until they're in it.

Shop till you find what you really want and yes, the dealer matters.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2007, 10:58:40 am by Spatech_tuo »
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Neptuner

• My only tub foam
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2007, 12:19:38 am »
I'm finding that the dealer matters, even in the pre sale period.  The SUndance dealer in Rockland County basicxally axcts as if he is doing me a favor by letting me come over and I cannot get them on the phone so I can imagine how it would be after they have my money.  Plus, he said any service call eould be $50 to come over as did one of the two Jacuzzi dealers.  

I like the Jacuzzi/D! dealer and will now concentrate.  I am assuming that if one gets lucky, you rarely need service, but with my luck,  I will need service so I should pick a good dealer.

I would pick the spa I like best regardless of how I felt about the dealer. The management at the factory is available should you have complaints about the dealer. I always go to the top when I have problems at the bottom.

eightisenough

« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2007, 08:08:33 am »
Actually I misspoke, it is not the shell color but the outside colors.   I'm going to wet test a Cameo and hopefully sa D1, can't find one with water in it near me.  Those colors are ok with her.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2007, 08:08:33 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42