What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Change water if no issues?  (Read 5182 times)

The_Pa._Lady

Re: Change water if no issues?
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2007, 08:52:38 am »

Bonibelle

I see you use soft water in your tub also.  Do you add hardner after the fill?  I too have soft water and so far it has not given me any trouble.  I know they say not to use the soft water in the tub, but then I was told to add the hardner.  Is that what you do?  I am due for a water change also, it's going on 6 months, but the water is still nice and clear, but I know it needs changing.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2007, 08:52:38 am »

Richs100

• From a 1993 HS Prodigy to a 2006 HS Envoy
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2007, 09:40:06 am »
I use soft water since I am on a well and my untreated water is a disaster (rust, copper, very hard, low Ph).  I increase the hardness with increaser after a fill to the mid-range.  Works well for me and the water feels great.  My dealer tested both treated and untreated water and recommended using the treated water with the hardness increaser.  
If you don't have anything nice to say about someone, come sit next to me.

The_Pa._Lady

« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2007, 09:59:54 am »

Rich,

thanks for the feedback.  Our water is the same disaster as yours.  Before we got the water softener we used to go through a water heater every couple of years.  Now, knock on wood, it's much better.

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2007, 04:23:29 pm »
Gizmo, I have tried to use straight well water with a mineral remover but lately it has been a problem. Last fill I went 1/2 and 1/2, soft and raw with the mineral remover and the water was fine. I added some hardness increaser. I will probably stay with that routine unless my raw water gets even worse. I had an issue last summer where my pump ran constantly and I think it really stirred my well so badly that I ended up with tons of iron (and a really high electric bill :o).
Support your dealer so they can support you!

Richs100

• From a 1993 HS Prodigy to a 2006 HS Envoy
« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2007, 04:54:43 pm »
Rich,

thanks for the feedback.  Our water is the same disaster as yours.  Before we got the water softener we used to go through a water heater every couple of years.  Now, knock on wood, it's much better.

How is your well pH?  My pH is incredibly low and that was doing a number on my pipes and water heater.
I added a liquid injection system in addition to the water softener.  It uses 15% liquid Sodium Hydroxide mixed with water in a 35 gal tank.  It brings my pH up to normal.  The in-house water supply is much better now.
If you don't have anything nice to say about someone, come sit next to me.

mike in arkansas

« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2007, 05:21:00 pm »
Hi -- new guy on the block -- What is 303? is it like armour all or someting like that or is it a cleaner?

PS: is CHAS a friend of JA on antoher forum (that I got banned from?)

Blessigns, Mike
who says I am senile?

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2007, 01:30:56 am »
PS: is CHAS a friend of JA on antoher forum (that I got banned from?)

Blessigns, Mike

JA doesn't have friends and now that his business is in the tank, he can no longer afford to even buy them anymore...

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2007, 09:16:36 am »
Hi -- new guy on the block -- What is 303? is it like armour all or someting like that or is it a cleaner?

Everything you'll want to know about it--303 Aerospace Protectant
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

The_Pa._Lady

« Reply #23 on: May 21, 2007, 01:14:15 pm »

Richs,

you asked what the well water ph is, to tell you the truth I never tested for ph before we had the water softner because we didn't have the hot tub then, so we never tested.  The Chulligan man did, but I don't remember what it was.  We put all plastic pipes in before we got the softner.

Bonnibelle,

it's going on 6 months for our water change too.  It's still nice and clear, but I notice I need to use more chlorine, etc. to keep the readings where they should be, so I know it needs to be changed.  Probably next week end.

txwillie

« Reply #24 on: May 22, 2007, 03:47:38 pm »
Just got back from the dealer. Got the water tested. TDS is 500. Really low. He recommended changing it anyway. Thoughts?

txwillie

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #24 on: May 22, 2007, 03:47:38 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42