What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Beachcomer 5 Year Premium Guarantee  (Read 4018 times)

kluzo

• Beachcomber 740 Owner
Beachcomer 5 Year Premium Guarantee
« on: May 21, 2007, 07:51:05 pm »
Can some one tell me what this covers?

Hot Tub Forum

Beachcomer 5 Year Premium Guarantee
« on: May 21, 2007, 07:51:05 pm »

Pathfinder

Re: Beachcomer 5 Year Premium Guarantee
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2007, 08:51:09 pm »
If you paid for the 5 yr extended  your element plus installation will be covered.  Check your receipt it is covered for 5 yrs from the day its installed or registered with service bench.  If you are under warranty close your equipment door back up and walk away wait  for your dealer to open up tomorrow and call for someone to come out.  As soon as someone starts opening up the pack and doing stuff its very easy for a dealer to void your warranty.  Call your dealer tomorrow get them to put your serial # in the system if you are unsure if you have 5 yr warranty.

5yr covers - pumps, pack, heater,controls and labour for replacement of those products.

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2007, 10:11:03 pm »
Heater element is only 1 year and not covered in the 5 yr premium guarantee. It also covers plumbing & jets. I believe everything else Pathfinder stated is correct.

Spa cover is 2 years.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2007, 10:13:47 pm by Steve »

hudler1

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2007, 12:06:41 am »
Steve, in your opinion, is the 5yr beachcomber warrenty worth it? What is the approx cost of thiis option?

Pathfinder

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2007, 02:10:02 am »
The Price is usually $499 for the extended  unless the dealer works it in under a promo  IMO its not worth it for the dealer  but in cases it is good for the customer.   As I knew it in January heater was covered for at least 3 and there was to be a reduction on jet warranty.  Personally I felt the extended warranty should be done away with and just put into the standard warranty and I know Im not the only person to think that.

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2007, 07:57:24 am »
So they changed that in Jan of this year? That's a good thing!

Extended warranty, like with any product purchased, offers peace of mind. Is it worth it? Tough call...

I agree that with a quality product like Beachcomber, the 5 year should be standard but it always comes down to the cost of offering it as a standard package . As with every company offering a 5 year warranty, the cost of this is built into the price of the spa and by keeping it optional, it allows the spa to be sold at a lesser cost.

Pay now or pay later....

kluzo

• Beachcomber 740 Owner
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2007, 09:04:07 am »
I had the dealer through in the extended warranty. My 740 was installed Aug. 6, 2004 so I should still be covered under the extended warranty. Good thing I had them throw that in. HOWEVER. The place I purchased the hot tub from is no longer a Beachcomer dealer. It was switched to a different company. Does that affect my Warranty?

I assume it should not but then again.... Never assume anything!

Pathfinder, as soon as I remembered the warranty I did just that. I never touched anything inside the panel other then trace where the wires went. I slapped the cover back on and cracked open a cold one.

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2007, 09:21:58 am »
I had the dealer through in the extended warranty. My 740 was installed Aug. 6, 2004 so I should still be covered under the extended warranty. Good thing I had them throw that in. HOWEVER. The place I purchased the hot tub from is no longer a Beachcomer dealer. It was switched to a different company. Does that affect my Warranty?

I assume it should not but then again.... Never assume anything!

Pathfinder, as soon as I remembered the warranty I did just that. I never touched anything inside the panel other then trace where the wires went. I slapped the cover back on and cracked open a cold one.

Warranty starts from date of delivery and Beachcomber will still look after it regardless of whether or not there is a local dealer.

Nothing worthwhile is free kluzo... you paid for it somewhere! ;)

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2007, 09:47:01 am »
Steve raises a really good point.  No warranty is free.  Providing warranty service costs the manufacturers, who recoup the expense by charging the purchasers of the product.  
 These warranties are certainly not free.  Included in the base price?  Yes.  Free?  No more than the pumps, shell, heater, jets, etc...are free.

Brewman

marks

• 2005 Beachcomber 580
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2007, 10:17:23 am »
When I bought my 580, I asked the dealer about the extened warranty and to my surprise he recommended against it.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2007, 10:17:43 am by marks »

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2007, 10:27:22 am »
For the most part, I did too unless, as mentioned previously, it was a real "peace of mind" issue for the consumer. Most repairs within 5 years are minimal and the costs of these repairs for the most part are elements, pressure switches, jets and other items which are relatively inexpensive to replace.

Not many boards or pumps last less than 5 years but again, ya never know! I provided the most accurate information I could based off of historical data and let them decide.

Steve

kluzo

• Beachcomber 740 Owner
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2007, 11:21:21 am »
negotiate your price first then go after the add on's. That is what I did and I think I got a lot more for less. Would I have paid for the extended warranty.... No. But I got the sales person to add it in at no cost. It truly is a peace of mind for the customer but now I am glad to have the extended warranty. It is a bummer that I am having this problem because I had a group of people over for the long weekend and the tub was out of commish.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2007, 11:21:21 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42