What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Question for Marquis Owners and Dealers  (Read 4878 times)

Uzona

Question for Marquis Owners and Dealers
« on: May 17, 2007, 02:12:54 pm »
My new Epic was delivered yesterday.    When using the therapy piller there is a very loud humming noise coming from the pipes.    This noise is not present when using any of the other settings and is significantly louder than anything else in the tub.  To me it sounds like harmonic vibrations.

I mentioned it to the installer at the time of the install.  He said it was normal and was caused by the fact that so much water was being directed through 4 jets.  He also said it usually quiets down over time.   The explanation does not make sense to me.   There are many settings on the Epic which focus all the water from a single pump into only 4 jets and none of the others have that high pitched hum.  

I believe there is something wrong.  I believe there is a vibration somwhere that is being amplified.  I am concerned not only about the sound being very annoying, but also that it may lead to future problems.

I have not called the dealer yet.  I plan on going in this weekend and listening to thier tub again.  I certainly don't remember that sound from the wet test.

Have any of you experienced this before?  Should I be concerned?  How big a deal should I make out of this?

Hot Tub Forum

Question for Marquis Owners and Dealers
« on: May 17, 2007, 02:12:54 pm »

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
Re: Question for Marquis Owners and Dealers
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2007, 02:35:46 pm »
Anytime you have a noise without actually hearing it...its tough to say but it sounds like maybe you have a bad seated o-ring and it is a quick and easy fix.

nsavarirayan

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2007, 03:23:51 pm »
How much did you pay for your epic - I am going to look at one myself and want to know how much I should be paying for it.

Gary

• Laugh daily you will live longer
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2007, 03:31:36 pm »
The best thing is listen to another Epic and see if it is the same. Being the pillar side is on the equipment side it cold be you hear the pumps more since you are closer to them, or maybe a ground wire touching metal...

I am a scientist, I convert beer, wine and whiskey into urine.

MarKee

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2007, 04:27:46 pm »
The noise might be coming from your primary tri-zone control, which is basically a 3 way diverter valve.  I would try taking it out and re-inserting it and see if that helps.  It's simple to do.  The lever will actually pop right off and the circular piece around the lever that has a 1-2-3 zone label on it will unscrew.  Whatever is causing the noise, it's most likely going to be an easy fix and should be nothing to lose sleep over.  

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2007, 05:17:01 pm »
Just throwing this out...I know the new Epics come with that rodent guard. Any chance that it is not tightly pushed into the openings?  I know our homemade ones vibrated (and it did sound like a hum) until we tightened them.

Come to think of it I noticed a hum the last time my husband was using that pillar...or was it a purrrrring sound??? He just loves that pillar on his back. ;D

Check to be sure you water level is where it belongs too...I think I am right on this, that pillar really puts out a tremendous volume of water and if your level is a little low, it may cause that sound. :-/

Support your dealer so they can support you!

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2007, 06:11:44 pm »
The noise might be coming from your primary tri-zone control, which is basically a 3 way diverter valve.  I would try taking it out and re-inserting it and see if that helps.  It's simple to do.  The lever will actually pop right off and the circular piece around the lever that has a 1-2-3 zone label on it will unscrew.  Whatever is causing the noise, it's most likely going to be an easy fix and should be nothing to lose sleep over.  

I'd do that with the pump turned off and in fact with the breaker off so the pump can't be turned on in any way while you have it apart.  ;)
220, 221, whatever it takes!

MarKee

« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2007, 09:11:31 pm »
If you leave the jets on while you do that, you'll get to see the secret secondary waterfall feature :)

Uzona

« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2007, 01:24:36 am »
How much did you pay for your epic - I am going to look at one myself and want to know how much I should be paying for it.

$9450 base price
$10,230 Out the Door

If you buy one in the valley you'd be buying from the same dealer.  My original quote was from end of 2006 and they honored that price.  I'm not sure if thier prices have changed since then.  

Uzona

« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2007, 01:36:02 am »

That's definitely where it's coming from.  I listened closely tonight and it is coming from that valve.  The first time I turned it on it was very loud, just like last night.  I turned it on a second time a few minutes later and it was substantially quieter.  The sound was still there, but it was much quieter.  In fact, if I wasn't listening for it I might not have noticed it.

Maybe there is an air bubble or something that needs to work itself out.  I'm hoping it stays quiet, but I'll keep an ear out for it.  If it acts up again, I'll let the dealer know.

If you leave the jets on while you do that, you'll get to see the secret secondary waterfall feature :)

I heard it was inspired by the fountains at Bellagio.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2007, 01:39:16 am by Uzona »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2007, 01:36:02 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42