What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Researching new spas.....any advice?  (Read 3616 times)

frankdds

Researching new spas.....any advice?
« on: April 04, 2007, 11:42:06 am »
We are currently researching spas and have a size constraint to contend with.  The width can be no longer than 69" - 74" and the depth can be no larger than 33".  As a result we are deciding between the HOT SPRINGS JETSETTER, D1 TRIAD II, AND SUNDANCE CAPRI.  Any advice as to which would be the most ideal selection?

Thank you.

Frank

Hot Tub Forum

Researching new spas.....any advice?
« on: April 04, 2007, 11:42:06 am »

Webini

Re: Researching new spas.....any advice?
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2007, 11:57:24 am »
My best advice is to wet test all three.  Consider the dealer strongly as well.  If the dealer has only been in business a short time or changes brands frequently then beware.  I'd immediately walk from any dealer that does not encourage you to wet test.

I have the JetSetter and love it.  In fact I just got out!  :)

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2007, 12:02:49 pm »
We are currently researching spas and have a size constraint to contend with.  The width can be no longer than 69" - 74" and the depth can be no larger than 33".  As a result we are deciding between the HOT SPRINGS JETSETTER, D1 TRIAD II, AND SUNDANCE CAPRI.  Any advice as to which would be the most ideal selection?

Thank you.

Frank

All are from very reputable spa makers and have similar layouts. Assuming the pricing is also similar (this purchase is to last you 10+ yrs so a small difference shouldn't sway you too much) get a good feel for how comfortable you are that each is a very good dealer who will support your needs.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2007, 12:25:50 pm »
My best advice is to wet test all three.  Consider the dealer strongly as well.  If the dealer has only been in business a short time or changes brands frequently then beware.  I'd immediately walk from any dealer that does not encourage you to wet test.

I have the JetSetter and love it.  In fact I just got out!  :)

I understand that the leangth of time a dealer has been in business is something to be aware of, do you not do business with them, soley on the fact that they are new?  

07 Caldera Geneva

Webini

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2007, 04:41:03 pm »
All other things being equal I will go to a dealer with a demonstrated reputation, especially for large purchases.

It depends.  :)

MostlyLurkingGal

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2007, 05:47:13 pm »
Hi frankdds, I too had a 33" depth restriction. I got the Jetsetter, and I love it.  Just wet test each one, and go with what works best for you. :)

jgirvine

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2007, 05:51:38 pm »
We Have the D1 Triad II.  Love it.  But, I agree with everyone else.  You need to wet test, get a feel for how well you can work with a dealer, and how long they have been in business......saying that, because while we love our spa, the dealer has gone out of business.

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2007, 07:29:58 pm »
It would be interesting to obtain the average business age of spa businesses that have either gone out of business or have changed brands within the past 5 years. I'll bet that a good many of those have been around a while and aren't considered "new stores" by most standards.

I'm all for customer service but I disagree with the concept of eliminating a store because they are new. Where would all the spa businesses (or any business) be now if everyone took that shortsighted advice?

In reality, it's not the "store" giving the warranty, it's the manufacturer and worse case scenario is that there are many service people to provide that warranty if need be.

I'm guessing you don't own a retail store Webini... ;)

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2007, 07:47:49 pm »
Everyone would rather see experience with the dealer but everyone was new at some point. I agree with much of what Steve says but also understand Webini's point and think both points just need to be married a bit.

If the dealer is new then I really better feel comfortable that they are with a manufaturer that is well known for quality and for servicing their warranties in case this dealer isn't around a year form now. So, if the dealer is new but they are with a top notch manufacturer then I would not cross them off the list blindly due to their newness. If the dealer is new and the manufacturer has a so-so reputation then I would probably skip them by definition (but that's just me).
220, 221, whatever it takes!

frankdds

« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2007, 08:25:37 pm »
With regards to these models, how realistic is it to hold three people?  and on a rare occasion four?  Thank you.

Frank

softball

« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2007, 08:57:17 pm »
Just add water to the dirt in your own back yard....You can have as many people as you want .
What's up now little piggy!!!!
« Last Edit: April 04, 2007, 08:57:54 pm by softball »

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2007, 09:46:42 pm »
The D1 Triad will give you a neck pillow that can adjust to just about anyone in addion to the sequential massage seat.

I think a wet test will cinch that up for you though...

MostlyLurkingGal

« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2007, 09:55:56 pm »
With regards to these models, how realistic is it to hold three people?  and on a rare occasion four?  Thank you.
Frank

The Jetsetter easily fits 3 people. It has seating for 4, but if the 2 sitting on the filter end are both adults, they need to be pretty good friends.....  ;)

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2007, 10:38:13 pm »

The Jetsetter easily fits 3 people. It has seating for 4, but if the 2 sitting on the filter end are both adults, they need to be pretty good friends.....  ;)

It's all about the level of "friendliness" you want to achieve! :D

A good rule of thumb is generally to take the manufacturers recommendation and subtract 2.

Steve

MostlyLurkingGal

« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2007, 10:47:17 pm »

It's all about the level of "friendliness" you want to achieve! :D

A good rule of thumb is generally to take the manufacturers recommendation and subtract 2.

Steve
Well Steve, I'm not a dealer, I just own one. My opinion is just that...my opinion....not trying to sell anyone a hot tub. Just answering a question for Frank :)

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2007, 10:47:17 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42