What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Envoy versus Vanguard????  (Read 4366 times)

FSA

Envoy versus Vanguard????
« on: March 27, 2007, 03:41:01 pm »
I read a lot about the Vanguard but not much about the Envoy MGF by Hot Springs,  Does anyone know why?  I was quoted only a few hundred more for the Envoy and the sales person was making it sound like it's a much better tub and deal.  One thing she said is that the filtration system is twice as large and because of that I would use less chemicals which would probably offset the larger electrical bill versus the vanguard???  Thanks for any insight into the differences of the two.

Hot Tub Forum

Envoy versus Vanguard????
« on: March 27, 2007, 03:41:01 pm »

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
Re: Envoy versus Vanguard????
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2007, 03:56:56 pm »
Welcome to the forum! :)

The main differences between the 2 spas are as follows:

Envoy has a lounge, Vanguard has a cool down seat

Envoy has a very nice water feature, Vanguard has a very simple one

Envoy has wrist jets, Vanguard does not

Envoy comes standard with Tri-X filters, Vanguard can be upgraded to Tri-X filters with minimal investment

Envoy has a MotoMassage DX, Vanguard has a MotoMassage DX and standard MotoMassage

Operating costs are virtually identical

I hope this helps.  I love the Envoy, but the Vanguard is very nice, too.  You can't go wrong with either.

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Markus

• HS Vanguard 2005
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2007, 05:07:43 pm »
Most importantly...wet test the lounge seat vs. the ones in the Vanguard. That was the deciding factor for me.

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2007, 09:01:02 pm »
FSA, I suggest wet testing both models before you make your decision. I have an Envoy and absolutely love it. Some folks don't care for the lounger because they float out of it--I don't. You do give up some real estate if you go with the lounger.

Personally, the Envoy lounger is my favorite seat and I would be lost without it. Good luck with your purchase.
2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

cburk0677

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2007, 02:38:05 pm »
Is it worthwhile to upgrade the Vanguard filters to the Tri-X? Is there anything wrong with the filters that come standard on the Vanguard?
Enjoying SpaTopia in my 2006 Hotspring Vanguard

dunerunner25

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2007, 10:38:07 pm »
My dad has the vanguard and loves it. It all depends on who is using the tub such as if you have a large family you might want to go with a bigger tub. I own the Grandee and was testing out the envoy and found its shape harder to use for my 3 year old girl.  The lounge I felt was in the way of her play space.  I am very happy with the bigger tub.  My dad has a pool so the spa is more for just my dad.  Although when I get into the vangard with my father we seem to bump feet alot.  My dad has nasty feet and it really makes it hard for me to relax in his tub with more than two in it. I hope this helps...somthing to think about!! Good Luck!!!! ;)

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2007, 11:28:34 am »
One other difference -

The Envoy has larger pumps and one more type of jets. Put simply, the Envoy has small, medium, large and extra-large jets. Plus the Soothing Seven and Moving jets.

The Vanguard has small, large, extra-large - no medium - along with the SS and Moving jets. Those medium jets do feel just a bit different than the small and/or large, but you should try them wet to decide if there is enough diff to matter.

Because it has more jets, the Envoy gives you more options as to jet grouping: you can run the upper 7 apart from the lower six in one or two seats, and there are THREE of the extra-large foot jets.

Also - and this certainly is not a big deal - the Vanguard is square while the Envoy is rectangular. Very small difference in size. But on the Envoy you can get a cover which will go off the side or off the back if you know about that and order it right.

8-)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2007, 11:28:34 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42